Windows 10: Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing...

Discus and support Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 2004 19592.1001 laptop which has a built-in camera. The camera works fine when opened using the Camera app, but is not recognized... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SFM61319, Apr 23, 2020.

1. SFM61319 Win User

Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing...

I have a Windows 10 2004 19592.1001 laptop which has a built-in camera. The camera works fine when opened using the Camera app, but is not recognized by the Windows Hello Face feature.

Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing... 1e106a1d-f444-42f5-8335-545d4f0ae99f?upload=true.png

A deeper view:

Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing... 9a72f23e-a68c-411e-8d0b-fbe298f226f2?upload=true.png

Windows couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face even though I have a decent camera that works fine even in my video classes on Zoom, Discord, etc.. Also, it won't even let me set up a camera manually. What do I do?

P.S.: I have tried to get help using the Get Help app which said it ran a troubleshooter and reset the camera but that did not help at all.

Please help me. Thank you!

:)

SFM61319, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing... [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Face stopped working

After installing Windows 10 1909 Update KB4551762 and restarting my M/S Surface Book 2 the Windows Hello Face login would not work. I logged on with my PIN, went to settings/accounts to check my Hello/Face Sign In. Message advises that Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face. Prior to the Update Windows Hello Face was working. Would appreciate any feedback on how to resolve this issue

PhoenixBots, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing...

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing...

1. Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing... - Similar Threads - Hello Face working

2. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  3. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  4. Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera: I purchased this Webcam today, S/N 1200729. Windows Hello will not recognize the camera. Device manager tells me that the Elecom 2MP Webcam and the Elecom Face Authentication Cam are both present and operating properly using driver version 10.0.22000.708 dated 6/21/2006, and...
  5. Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elecom Windows Hello Face Camera: I purchased this Webcam today, S/N 1200729. Windows Hello will not recognize the camera. Device manager tells me that the Elecom 2MP Webcam and the Elecom Face Authentication Cam are both present and operating properly using driver version 10.0.22000.708 dated 6/21/2006, and...
  6. Hello Face Compatible Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face Compatible Camera: I just opened my brand new surface laptop go and the face ID is not working. There is an error about not being able to find a compatible camera. I see all kinds of posts about how to easily fix by installing drivers. I did not have to do this with my surface touch pro...
  7. Dell XPS 15 Camera not working with Windows Hello face

Dell XPS 15 Camera not working with Windows Hello face: Why? I have an XPS 13 that is 2 years old and it works just fine, why would the newer computer not be compatible? How can I fix it? It isn't a huge issue, but I enjoyed the feature. ***Modified title from: I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work...
  8. Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera

Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera: [ATTACH] Hi sir, Why is my windows 10 not compatible with windows hello face ? I asked many advisor but no one solve my problem. Your support is very poor....
  9. hello face and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello face and camera: i have a surface go with latest software. Hello face can't find a c ompatible camera - it worked k until a couple of days ago. I uninstalled camera and reinstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-and-camera/6b9f4517-960a-4553-b329-cc6c1ed04dcc
  10. Windows Hello Face Camera

Windows Hello Face Camera: I just got a new MSI Prestige 14 that supports windows hello (fingerprint and IR Camera). I wasn't able to setup the camera but I could setup fingerprint. When I initially setup windows (initial bootup on a new device) the computer prompted me to setup camera (face). It...