Windows 10: Windows Hello face recognition setup not working

Discus and support Windows Hello face recognition setup not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; it shows...we couldn't find a camera compatible with window hello face... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mahipal Singh Rana, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Windows Hello face recognition setup not working

it shows...we couldn't find a camera compatible with window hello face

:)

Mahipal Singh Rana, Nov 25, 2019

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Trepr Ltd Win User
    Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup doesn't work

I am trying to setup face recognition in my laptop but it doesn't work at all. There are no options to recognize face or it doesn't proceed to next screen.

Steps Followed:

1. Opened Sign-in option screen

2. Clicked Face Recognition Setup

3. Windows Hello Setup screen opened

4. It asks "Make sure your face is centered in the frame"

5. It doesn't proceed next and there is no option other than "Cancel" button.

Please help.

Moved From:

Trepr Ltd, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Windows Hello face recognition setup not working

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

I have a new Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 10. My Windows Hello Face recognition setup is not working. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

glendahanna, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello face recognition setup not working

1. Windows Hello face recognition setup not working - Similar Threads - Hello face recognition

2. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  3. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  4. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  5. Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello face recognition: My hello face recognition has stopped working. In the settings it says my camera is not compatible. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition/dd429b1c-e3eb-45ee-978e-efd8086b1f1f
  6. Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  7. Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC

Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC: Hello, I had Windows Hello set up at one point, but over time it ceased to work. Every time I attempt to set up my face ID, I get to the screen where it says center your face in the picture, and my webcam lights flash indicating it is scanning, but it never goes passed...
  8. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: I have a Microsoft go tablet and I use it as my school laptop. I used to use the facial recognition but now it won't let me use it and I don't know why. It is saying the option is currently unavailable. Can anyone help me? It is so annoying to have to type in a pin or a...
  9. Windows Hello Face Recognition is not working

Windows Hello Face Recognition is not working: My laptop is ASUS Vivobook 14 x412fj. Face Recognition option in my laptop is not working, it says "no compatible camera found". What should I do?...
  10. hello face recognition does not work

hello face recognition does not work: hello face recognition does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition-does-not-work/9aa67d2e-4be3-4cef-9553-96a24b2b84f3