Windows 10: Windows Hello Face Setup not working

Discus and support Windows Hello Face Setup not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey guys! So I bought a computer four years ago and I love using windows hello to scan my face to log in and other stuff. However, I've now been... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wondeblue.MG, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows Hello Face Setup not working

Hey guys!

So I bought a computer four years ago and I love using windows hello to scan my face to log in and other stuff. However, I've now been having lots of problems with it and I've tried all kinds of things to fix it but nothing I've tried works.

Every time I try to set up facial reconition, it asks for my pin, which I enter, the IR camera and Webcam both light up for a sec, but the setup screen where you should see your face and a box around your face, only shows my face, nothing more.

I know it should work cause I've used it for four years, but how can I fix it?

My model is an HP ENVY Notebook

Windows Hello Face Setup not working 74599b5d-3333-45c3-9495-9bf88156c3dc?upload=true.jpg

:)

Wondeblue.MG, Sep 24, 2020

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Windows-Sicherheit: Microsoft Defender Antivirus und mehr | Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello Face Setup not working [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Trepr Ltd Win User

Windows Hello Face Setup not working

Windows 10 OS - face recognition setup doesn't work

I am trying to setup face recognition in my laptop but it doesn't work at all. There are no options to recognize face or it doesn't proceed to next screen.

Steps Followed:

1. Opened Sign-in option screen

2. Clicked Face Recognition Setup

3. Windows Hello Setup screen opened

4. It asks "Make sure your face is centered in the frame"

5. It doesn't proceed next and there is no option other than "Cancel" button.

Please help.

Moved From:

Trepr Ltd, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Face Setup not working

1. Windows Hello Face Setup not working - Similar Threads - Hello Face Setup

2. CANNOT SETUP WINDOWS HELLO FACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT SETUP WINDOWS HELLO FACE: Hi,I am arif from india and i am currently using lenova idepad 5.I wanted to set up my windows hello face but it is showing my camera is not compatible for windows hello face and i also cannot find windows hello face software device driver in device manager i already tried al...
  3. CANNOT SETUP WINDOWS HELLO FACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT SETUP WINDOWS HELLO FACE: Hi,I am arif from india and i am currently using lenova idepad 5.I wanted to set up my windows hello face but it is showing my camera is not compatible for windows hello face and i also cannot find windows hello face software device driver in device manager i already tried al...
  4. Windows Hello Face Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Not working: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 series laptop. I recently updated it to the latest windows 10 21h2 version. When opened the windows hello face option it shows this option is currently unavailable. I tried editing in the group policy editor. But the problem didn't resolve....
  5. Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face: Hi, I have a new laptop with an IR camera and I'm unable to complete setup for Windows Hello Face. The IR camera flashes normally, and the camera image is displayed. However, the setup window will not draw a box around my face regardless of ambient light or background....
  6. Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC

Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC: Hello, I had Windows Hello set up at one point, but over time it ceased to work. Every time I attempt to set up my face ID, I get to the screen where it says center your face in the picture, and my webcam lights flash indicating it is scanning, but it never goes passed...
  7. Windows Hello Face Setup

Windows Hello Face Setup: Hello! I am having trouble setting up windows hello face. I tried to set it up but it says 'couldn't turn on camera" I have disabled the camera and have re enabled it and tried to update it but nothing works. I have an HP- laptop 14 dk0xxx. My computer supports windows face....
  8. I can't setup windows hello face

I can't setup windows hello face: I can't set up my windows hello face recognition. It says 'we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face'. My Microsoft camera is working perfectly. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3443 laptop. My system SKU is 0654. Will my laptop really won't support windows...
  9. Windows Hello face recognition setup not working

Windows Hello face recognition setup not working: it shows...we couldn't find a camera compatible with window hello face https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition-setup-not-working/5e726c81-8463-4a93-880f-12fc1139a45d
  10. windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working

windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working: my windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working. Its saying this option is currently unavailable. I am having ASUS laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-and-fingerprint-setup-not/e32e02b9-d095-45f6-b474-be672f7ce6bb