Windows 10: Windows hello face shows "this option is not available"

Discus and support Windows hello face shows "this option is not available" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have this brand new Lenovo and it got this problem. I have tried all kind of methods posted on this community and nothing worked. Could anybody... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cccmmm1112, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Windows hello face shows "this option is not available"

I have this brand new Lenovo and it got this problem. I have tried all kind of methods posted on this community and nothing worked. Could anybody suggest anything to resolve this issue?

Windows hello face shows "this option is not available" e936da74-3b0f-4877-9fb4-586294b8ef72?upload=true.png

:)

cccmmm1112, Aug 31, 2020

2. Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 31, 2020
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    MY Windows hello face no working

Yes, I understand that your Windows Hello Face is showing up as not available. Where you able to do all the troubleshooting steps as suggested above?

Can you describe what happens when you completed the each of troubleshooting steps above? Is there an error message or something that could help to figure out the cause of the issue.?

[Suejin], Aug 31, 2020
  4. Windows hello face shows "this option is not available"

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Windows-Sicherheit: Microsoft Defender Antivirus und mehr | Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello face shows "this option is not available"

1. Windows hello face shows "this option is not available" - Similar Threads - hello face shows

2. Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available: Hello,I have not updated my laptop and camera still works fine but getting the issue below, I have checked if any outstanding updates required and they are none...
  3. Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available: Hello,I have not updated my laptop and camera still works fine but getting the issue below, I have checked if any outstanding updates required and they are none...
  4. Windows Hello - face and fingerprint not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Hello Fingerprint and Face options not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Fingerprint and Face options not showing up: New Microsoft surface laptop go, has windows hello fingerprint and face,however they don't show up as options for sign in options.I've checked device manager and there are no biometric devices showing up.Is this hardware problem or a software problem ?...
  6. Hello Fingerprint and Face options not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Fingerprint and Face options not showing up: New Microsoft surface laptop go, has windows hello fingerprint and face,however they don't show up as options for sign in options.I've checked device manager and there are no biometric devices showing up.Is this hardware problem or a software problem ?...
  7. Hello Fingerprint and Face options not showing up

8. windows hello face option not available

windows hello face option not available: I have been constantly checking for updates and likewise updating my system regularly. But then windows hello face is still not available. I am using windows 10 home version[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Hello Face option unavailable

Windows Hello Face option unavailable: I have just purchased a Dell Vostro 5401 running Windows 10 Pro 19042.630. I started the laptop and was unable to use facial recognition. I get the message shown in the image below. [ATTACH] How can I resolve this to get it to work? Thanks in advance...
  10. Sign-in Options windows Hello face

Sign-in Options windows Hello face: "we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face" why this message?? And is there any solution to it?? HP Laptop 15-bs0xx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-windows-hello-face/41617f6d-7a44-4156-91b0-7090c1fa8fc9