Windows 10: Windows Hello Face sign-in stuck in "couldn't recognise you" on Surface pro 6

Discus and support Windows Hello Face sign-in stuck in "couldn't recognise you" on Surface pro 6 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having some trouble with face id sign in on my Surface pro 6 lately. I get stuck in the face sign in message "couldn't recognize... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Toriu, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Toriu Win User

Windows Hello Face sign-in stuck in "couldn't recognise you" on Surface pro 6

Hi,

I have been having some trouble with face id sign in on my Surface pro 6 lately.

I get stuck in the face sign in message "couldn't recognize you" and don't get to sign in in any other way.

Normally i would get the option to sign in, in another way. But the only options I get is the options at the right corner, witch implies that i have to shut down the computer or restart to fix the issue.

I have tried to push all the regular keyboard buttons/combination to resolve this issue when I'm stuck, but there is no response.

Windows Hello Face sign-in stuck in "couldn't recognise you" on Surface pro 6 [​IMG]

:)

Toriu, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use the Face ID on your Surface Pro 6, we will look into this for you. We would like to know if you are aware of any changes on the computer recently.

However, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps in resolving the issue:

Method 1: Resetting Windows Hello Biometric Database

You can try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on
      Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the
      WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the
      Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

Method 2: Installing Windows Hello Face Driver

If method 1 didn’t help. You can try to reinstalling the Windows Hello Face Driver. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver
    3. Look for HelloFace.inf and
      HelloFaceMigration.inf
      file, right click on each file and select
      Install
    4. Restart the computer.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Troubleshoot problems with Windows Hello on Surface

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Surface pro 4: Windows Hello (face sign-in)

I have a Surface Pro 4 but in the settings sign in page, the face sign-in option does not appear. Help?

Original Title: Face Sign-In

MichaelJG24, Feb 10, 2020
  4. wgohar Win User

Windows Hello doesn't work on my Surface 6 Pro

Hi Virginia,

I think my camera is IR camera because as per the specs of my Surface Pro 6 8th Gen i7:

Camera: Primary Camera: 5 MPix Front-facing: Windows Hello

Secondary Camera: 8 MPix Rear-facing: Contrast Autofocus (AF)

I have reset my MS Surface Pro 6 laptop and now the setup button in (settings/sign-in options/Windows hello face) is enabled but when start setup it gives me "Something went wrong, try start setup again."
    and kicked me out.

wgohar, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Hello Face sign-in stuck in "couldn't recognise you" on Surface pro 6 - Similar Threads - Hello Face sign

2. Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in: Hey there,I have a problem with windows hello Face on windows 10. I have set up windows Hello Face, but when I wanna log in, the camera will recognize me on the login screen but then it will give me an error " That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a...
  3. Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in: Hey there,I have a problem with windows hello Face on windows 10. I have set up windows Hello Face, but when I wanna log in, the camera will recognize me on the login screen but then it will give me an error " That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a...
  4. Windows Hello Face couldn't sign you in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working

Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working: 2 days ago, the Windows Hello Face stopped working on my Surface Pro 6 When I go into the sign-in options screen, it has: "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" The camera is working fine for Skype! I've never had this problem until 2 days ago...
  6. Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working

Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working: Hello everyone, First off, I'd like to say I've tried all of the following: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/window-hello-doesnt-work-says-sorry-something-went/c080309c-2b4f-4fb3-8099-76861815c33e...
  7. Windows Hello Face does not work on lockscreen with Logitech Brio and Surface 6 pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello Face does not work on lockscreen with Logitech Brio and Surface 6 pro: On my setup, Hello Face does not work to unlock the screen. I have the following setup: Surface Pro 6 with Surface Hub, connected to a screen and Brio Webcam (via an USB port of the hub, allthough I tried connecting it to the surface directly as well). The surface pro's...
  8. Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6

Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6: I have a surface pro six, face id was working, but for the past two days it has said error sign in with pin. I tried to set it up again but it says face and fingerprint recognition not available on device even though it worked two days ago. How do I fix this? ***Modified...
  9. Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working

Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working: Hello, I need help with my surface pro 6, windows hello is not working, and I do not know what step to take. I received message "Sorry something went wrong. Please log in with your PIN.". Please help. Thank you in advance....
  10. Windows Hello sign error: Couldn't Turn on the Camera. Please sign-inwith you PIN, Surface Pro

Windows Hello sign error: Couldn't Turn on the Camera. Please sign-inwith you PIN, Surface Pro: Hello, I have a new Surface pro 5 and after upgrading Windows to latest version and installing all the updates, Windows Hello stopped working and every time I start my Surface, Windows Hello fails and gives me a message "Couldn't Turn on the Camera. Please sign-in with you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck on couldnt recognize you

2. surface pro couldnt recognize you

3. surface pro 6 stuck on windows hello face

4. windows couldnt recognise you,
  5. windows hello stuck on couldnt recognize you,
  6. windows 10 notebook couldnt recognize you stuck,
  7. windows face recognition hangs couldnt recognize you,
  8. windows 10 couldn recognize you,
  9. windows what to do when cant recogniseyou,
  10. windows 10 stuck st cant recognize you,
  11. stuck couldnt recognise you,