Windows 10: Windows Hello Face Software Device is missing

Discus and support Windows Hello Face Software Device is missing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Device: Surface Pro 6 Specs: i5, 8GB, 128GB OS: Windows 10 Home Version: 1809 Build: 17763.475 Windows Hello face recognition stopped working a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JesusIsMyLord95, May 12, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Face Software Device is missing

Device: Surface Pro 6

Specs: i5, 8GB, 128GB

Version: 1809

Build: 17763.475

Windows Hello face recognition stopped working a few days ago. This might be related to an update from Windows Update. Besides that I have no idea what could have caused the issue.

I re-ran Win Update and restarted the device multiple times.

Then I checked the Device Manager. There was a strange entry. A problem with "Biometric devices". I think it had an exclamation mark on it. I uninstalled the Windows Hello Face Software Device. I expected it to reinstall once I reboot the system and search for hardware changes using the Device Manager. But the entry "Biometric devices" and "Windows Hello Face Software Device" did not reappear.

I tried running the "SurfaceDiagnosticToolkit_SA", installing "SurfacePro6_Win10_17763_1900807_2", turn all cameras off and then on again in the UEFI and tried this:

1. Open Device manager by typing

device manager

in the Cortana/Search field lower left hand corner

2. Expand System Devices and find the Microsoft IR Camera Front and uninstall by

right clicking/pressing and holding (but don't delete the driver when prompted).

Then do the same for Surface Camera Windows Hello

3. restart your Surface twice.

If this fails to resolve the issue,

1. Open device manager as above

2. Expand System Devices again

3. Find the MICROSOFT IR CAMERA FRONT -

4. right click/press and hold and then select Update Driver

5. Select Browse my computer for driver software

6. Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

7. Microsoft IR camera front and then click or tap NEXT to install the driver

8. restart Surface twice.

Then, go through the process again but select SURFACE CAMERA WINDOWS HELLO and

go through the same steps as above and when you browse your computer, use

Surface Camera Windows Hello. Install as above and restart twice again.

But I can't find the "SURFACE CAMERA WINDOWS HELLO" either.

I'm pretty pissed. Please help.

Sincerely,

Stefan

:)

JesusIsMyLord95, May 12, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello Face Software Device is missing [​IMG]

Edwin, May 12, 2019
  3. windows hello face problem...

i have a webcam intergrated on my machine
    biometrics service running...

windows hello face gives me this message:
    you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face

any ideas?

Steven Campoli, May 12, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Hello Face Software Device is missing

windows hello face problem...

Yes, but not one with the capabilities required. You need one that can see infrared....

Windows Hello face authentication | Microsoft Docs

Thema:

Windows Hello Face Software Device is missing

1. Windows Hello Face Software Device is missing - Similar Threads - Hello Face Software

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition refuses to work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition refuses to work: I'm working on a brand new Dell XPS 8930 Desktop (i7-8700K, 64GB RAM). The computer is working very well except this one issue that is becoming really annoying. I bought a webcam on Amazon that supports Windows Hello Face recognition (I used the same one on other computers...
  3. Windows hello Face Recongition

Windows hello Face Recongition: [IMG]How do i disable the red lights next the alienware? Bother me greatly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recongition/879cf412-3a5a-41db-b24e-5b136be5924a
  4. windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management

windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management: the windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management they was there in device management but it had a issue I uninstalled it and now it wont reinstall it I was able to use Hello with my Xbox One Kinect and now I cant get to work again, I tried everything and...
  5. Facing issue with Windows Hello feature

Facing issue with Windows Hello feature: I get Windows Hello to work and it works for a few days, and then stops working. I get various errors like "Couldn't turn on the Camera". I go to Settings and do a remove of the facial recognition, and try to re-add it. I never get the Pin logon screen to show. Help....
  6. windows hello face problem...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello face problem...: i have a webcam intergrated on my machine biometrics service running... windows hello face gives me this message: you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face any ideas? 122189
  7. hello face recognition does not work

hello face recognition does not work: hello face recognition does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition-does-not-work/9aa67d2e-4be3-4cef-9553-96a24b2b84f3
  8. Windows Hello Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Hello Missing: When I bought my laptop it ran windows just as normal as it should be. I'm not too sure how long ago, but one day my windows hello was gone. I am no longer able to sign in with my fingerprint. I go into my setting and check for updates, but nothing ever shows up besides the...
  9. Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop

Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop: I have a Logitech BRIO camera connected to my laptop's dock. I set up Windows Hello facial recognition so that I don't have to enter a password when the laptop is docked. I usually place the computer with the lid closed underneath my monitor when it's docked. This prevents me...
  10. No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello

No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello: Just bought an Asus Q525, OS: Windows 10. Windows Hello should have "Face" sign in, but mine does not. I can sign in with fingerprint, PIN, password and picture password - but . Any ideas why this is, and can it be fixed? If so, how? Thanks. 109834