Windows 10: Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable

Discus and support Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, This is Raviteja and i am using a HP laptop HP Envy X360 13-ar0118au I am not able to set up windows hello on my device. Attached is the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Raviteja Ravella, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable

Hi, This is Raviteja and i am using a HP laptop HP Envy X360 13-ar0118au

I am not able to set up windows hello on my device. Attached is the screenshot. I am able to use my camera from the default camera application. Please do the needfull

Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable db1029e3-d68b-405a-8aec-3da139fa0bc5?upload=true.png

:)

Raviteja Ravella, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows Hello - This Option is currently unavailable.

Hi Experts,

Yesterday we have bought two brand new HP Envy 13 AQ1013DX and as per our normal procedure installed Windows 10 Pro 2004 and Joined Domain and everything installed and configured as per our requirement.

When I am trying to set up Windows Hello (Fingerprint, Face, and PIN) all these options come with error

"This option is currently unavailable - Click to learn more"

Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable e8e6933e-02e5-4c84-bdf8-6590d7428eca?upload=true.jpg

I do some research and try to troubleshoot the issue with given opinions on the internet but still, the problem is not resolved and stuck with same issue.

I have tried these steps

Update Windows Update

Update All Drivers

All Steps in mention in this link (Fix: Windows Hello Fingerprint Option Currently Unavailable in Windows 10)

All Steps in mention in this link (How to: Enable/Disable Windows Hello / Windows Hello for Business via Group Policy, Registry, Command Prompt (CMD) > Blog-D without Nonsense)

Reset Windows 10 and reinstalled Windows 10 1903 with updated Drivers

All Steps mention in this link(Windows Hello isn’t Available on this Device [Fixed] | Device Tricks)

All Steps mention in this link(In this guide, SoftwareKeep Experts have prepared a few solutions that might help you to solve Windows Hello Not Working After Windows 10 Update. Let's get started.)

All Steps mention in this link(Windows 10 (1903) Hello - Microsoft Partner Community)

I have already updated the domain GPO so that Windows Hello for Business has use biometrics turned on and use windows hello for business is turned on. The Logon policy also has the convenience pin turned on as well.

Reboot Biometric services after each step

Now i am feeling stuck and helpless.

Osama Mansoor, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable

Windows hello Fingerprint and Face currently unavailable

hello,

My Fingerprint and Face sing in is currently unavailable, just after I update windows 10. can someone help me?

Tarlesda Rosa, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable

1. Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable - Similar Threads - Hello Face option

2. Windows Hello Face- This option is currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face- This option is currently unavailable: Something went wrong. Try again later.I just didn't hop on the forum right off the get go and ask for help here. I have read, and done just about every step that has been suggested and none of them has fixed the problem. Hoping someone knows something I haven't tried....
  3. Windows Hello Face - Currently unavailable.

Windows Hello Face - Currently unavailable.: I have an Asus laptop running Windows 10 Home that doesn't have a built-in webcam, so I bought a Lenovo 500 FHD Webcam that has Windows Hello, it all set up perfectly and has been working for months, but this week after Windows updates and fixing why Windows Explorer was not...
  4. Windows Hello Face - This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face - This option is currently unavailable: I just recently bought an hp spectre x360 laptop and i have run into a problem of not being able to use or change my sign-in options. Is their anyway to fix this? I am running Windows 10 Home....
  5. windows hello face this option is currently unavailable

windows hello face this option is currently unavailable: I have windows 10 running on my pc i wan to use windows hello face but i tried everything i need help i have used windows hello face on this laptop before and even i used windows hello pin please help...
  6. Windows Hello Face option unavailable

Windows Hello Face option unavailable: I have just purchased a Dell Vostro 5401 running Windows 10 Pro 19042.630. I started the laptop and was unable to use facial recognition. I get the message shown in the image below. [ATTACH] How can I resolve this to get it to work? Thanks in advance...
  7. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable": Hi, I've seen lots of posts similar to my problem, but nothing has seemed to solve it. My Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and PIN says "this option is currently unavailable" My hello face has never worked despite my device having a camera. I used to have the fingerprint and PIN...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint and Hello Face currently unavailable

Windows Hello Fingerprint and Hello Face currently unavailable: My fingerprint scanner has stopped working can someone please help me. I tried Microsoft Contact Support and was waiting for someone to chat with me, waiting over an hour and being 1 in queue.....I gave up waiting. I can not find Biometric Services anywhere on my computer...
  9. Hello Face Currently Unavailable

Hello Face Currently Unavailable: Hi, I have recently updated my surface pro 7, My hello face sign in was working however occasionally wouldn't register, so I went back into the settings and tried to enhance the facial recongintion as suggested by redoing the face scan. This failed as it was saying for me...
  10. Windows Hello Face currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face currently unavailable: Hi - I used to have Windows Hello Face running on my Surface Book with no problems. I then did a system reset (fresh install Windows 10) and Windows Hello seems to have gone offline. I'm back on an Insider build now but the problem started when i put a fresh retail Windows 10...