Windows 10: Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera"

Discus and support Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Purchased a new MSI Modern 15 with Win11 preinstalled and while everything else setup just fine, Hello Face won't work as it says "we couldn't find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matt Oja, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Matt Oja Win User

Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera"

Purchased a new MSI Modern 15 with Win11 preinstalled and while everything else setup just fine, Hello Face won't work as it says "we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". Sort of crazy since the camera is built-in and HD and Device Manager says it's from Microsoft as well. I've tried calling MSI, they say it's a Windows issue; I've tried calling MS but they say use online support yet none of the supposed answers work uninstall/reinstall driver, assure that all apps have access to the camera, etc.. Every other app I use like Teams and Zoom have no issues...only Hello

:)

Matt Oja, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera" 214964d1543017421t-windows-hello-face-problem-001295.png

Edwin, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Windows Hello Recognition - Incompatible Camera

Hi, I went to settings and went to Windows Hello and I thought great! but when i clicked on windows hello it said incompatible camera. But I bought a new laptop (Dell vostro) just two weeks ago and i thought face recognition is available as dell said that its models after 2017 will have face recognition.

So how can i enable this? well it says it has incompatible camera, how to fix this?

SirikiLohit, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera"

1. Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera" - Similar Threads - Hello Face won't

2. Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face won't set up due to "incompatible camera": Purchased a new MSI Modern 15 with Win11 preinstalled and while everything else setup just fine, Hello Face won't work as it says "we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". Sort of crazy since the camera is built-in and HD and Device Manager says it's...
  3. camera incompatible with hello

camera incompatible with hello: My camera is incompatible with Hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-incompatible-with-hello/f2522674-4b65-4314-9f91-8a657160597a
  4. camera incompatible with hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera incompatible with hello: My camera is incompatible with Hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-incompatible-with-hello/f2522674-4b65-4314-9f91-8a657160597a
  5. windows hello face is not working due to camera incompatibility. any solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello face is not working due to camera incompatibility. any solution?: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 21H2 which i believe was also related to the Hello function not working. I also tried all of these:Procedure 1 :1 Open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver2 Right-click on HelloFace.inf and click...
  6. windows hello face is not working due to camera incompatibility. any solution?

windows hello face is not working due to camera incompatibility. any solution?: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 21H2 which i believe was also related to the Hello function not working. I also tried all of these:Procedure 1 :1 Open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver2 Right-click on HelloFace.inf and click...
  7. windows hello face is not working due to camera incompatibility. any solution?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Hello Face Set Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Set Up: Hello Microsoft! I am using old Asus UX31A Zenbook PC without fingerprint and it's said: We couldn't find a camera compitable with Windows Hello Face so can I set up Windows Hello Face without fingerprint? Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  9. hello face and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello face and camera: i have a surface go with latest software. Hello face can't find a c ompatible camera - it worked k until a couple of days ago. I uninstalled camera and reinstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-and-camera/6b9f4517-960a-4553-b329-cc6c1ed04dcc
  10. Windows Hello Face Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Camera: I just got a new MSI Prestige 14 that supports windows hello (fingerprint and IR Camera). I wasn't able to setup the camera but I could setup fingerprint. When I initially setup windows (initial bootup on a new device) the computer prompted me to setup camera (face). It...