Windows 10: Windows Hello (Facial)

Discus and support Windows Hello (Facial) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370, and it has the Windows Hello Fingerprint reader preinstalled. It says it can't find a camera but this also... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jaydan Thomas Daniel, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Windows Hello (Facial)

Hi,

I have the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370, and it has the Windows Hello Fingerprint reader preinstalled. It says it can't find a camera but this also happened with last years 1803 update where it would disable Windows Hello.

To fix the 1803 bug I had to get a driver off download.com (CNET) but they don't have the driver I need.

Does anyone have a driver and if they do can they put it on a shared location?

Windows Hello (Facial) 5226e24a-5abe-4ad3-8b4f-d9c4835cd9c4?upload=true.png

Regards,

Jaydan H.

:)

Jaydan Thomas Daniel, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Donna Men Win User

Windows Hello facial ID won’t work

Hi,

There are a few reasons why this Windows Hello facial recognition fails, such as outdated driver, compatibility or OS update. We'd like to know if you made any changes on your device prior to the issue, such as installing update or change settings?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to reset Facial Recognition by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Sign-In options.
    • Locate Facial Recognition options and click Remove under them.
    • Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Facial Recognition.
    • Restart your computer.

If issue persist, update your drivers by following the steps on this link. You can also check your device
    manufacturer for latest release of drivers.

Keep us updated with the results.

Donna Men, Jun 9, 2019
  3. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Windows Hello (Facial)

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello (Facial)

1. Windows Hello (Facial) - Similar Threads - Hello Facial

2. Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.: Its now happened with 2 different windows hello cameras. the software for facial recognition is not loading correctly. i have uninstalled many times and rebooted. Device name MyHome Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.1 GB usable...
  3. Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial Recognition windows hello software device failing to load.: Its now happened with 2 different windows hello cameras. the software for facial recognition is not loading correctly. i have uninstalled many times and rebooted. Device name MyHome Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.1 GB usable...
  4. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  5. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  6. why is my facial recognition and windows hello pin unable to be edited or changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my facial recognition and windows hello pin unable to be edited or changed?: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. what is the problem here and...
  7. why is my facial recognition and windows hello pin unable to be edited or changed?

why is my facial recognition and windows hello pin unable to be edited or changed?: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. what is the problem here and...
  8. Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11: I have windows 11 Dell laptop that is brand new, it has all the recent updates, but the option for facial recognition is not available. I tried to troubleshoot, and I reset camera settings, but there is no option to set it up to begin with....
  9. Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11

Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11: I have windows 11 Dell laptop that is brand new, it has all the recent updates, but the option for facial recognition is not available. I tried to troubleshoot, and I reset camera settings, but there is no option to set it up to begin with....
  10. When using Windows Hello for Business, is it possible for the fallback of a failed facial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Windows Hello for Business, is it possible for the fallback of a failed facial...: I have Windows Business Hello enabled to allow face recognition to sign in a domain user. The issue is, when the face recognition fails, I want the fallback to be the domain password and not a pin. I couldn't figure out if this was possible as when I configure the facial...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello cant turn on camera