Windows 10: Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer...

Discus and support Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; recent update removed the Windows Hello feature from my laptop. This is the second time this has happen. I have a Lenovo Carbon X1 that includes a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ThomasLittlefield, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer...

recent update removed the Windows Hello feature from my laptop. This is the second time this has happen. I have a Lenovo Carbon X1 that includes a fingerprint reader, I'm running Windows 10 so I know this is a device that supports this feature.

Please help me change the window's settings to bring this back. I suffer from a desease that affects my memory and this is a very important feature to me.

many thanks,

Thomas Littlefield

:)

ThomasLittlefield, Nov 7, 2018
  2. MargoBib Win User

After an update, my windows Hello no longer has an option to use the fingerprint reader. All I get is password sign on

thank you for the quick response. I did not have the fingerprint sign on options to remove. I went into the device manager and the fingerprint feature was not even in the biometrics section. However I did note the synaptics feature under biometrics was
    disabled. I had to update the driver to re enable it. Once this was done, the fingerprint reader came back. Note - I lost the functions when I allowed a Windows update yesterday.

MargoBib, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    After an update, my windows Hello no longer has an option to use the fingerprint reader. All I get is password sign on

Hi Margo,

There may be an issue with the fingerprint data in Settings, or it is possible that the fingerprint scanner driver is corrupted or needs to be update. These can be the reasons why you're unable to use your fingerprint as your login. For us to know if the
    issue is with the fingerprint data or with the driver of fingerprint scanner, we need to re-register your fingerprint data. This means that we will be removing the fingerprint data, and then adding it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Sign-in options.
    • Under Windows Hello, click Remove.
    • After removing the fingerprint data, set up Windows Hello again.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer...

how to remove fingerprint credentials?

Hi Michal,

From the above description, I understand you are unable to setup Windows Hello using fingerprint option on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• Are you facing the above issue since upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Prior to Windows 10, were you using fingerprint sign-in option on the computer?

To remove the fingerprint data saved in the computer, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts and click on Sign-in options from the left side panel of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello option, click on Remove.
    • Follow the steps from a to c, only this time click on
      Set up under Windows Hello and check if you are able to add the fingerprint. You will need to scan your finger a few times to set up the
      Windows Hello feature on your PC.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of removing fingerprint credentials saved on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your
    reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer...

1. Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer... - Similar Threads - Hello feature removed

2. Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...: Hello, the Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer available. So when I was unable to unlock my device with my fingerprint, I unlocked it with a PIN, then I updated the device and tried to unlock it, but that did not work, so I...
  3. Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...: Hello, the Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer available. So when I was unable to unlock my device with my fingerprint, I unlocked it with a PIN, then I updated the device and tried to unlock it, but that did not work, so I...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?: Hello, I have been using the fingerprint sensor Windows Hello to sign in ever since I first got my laptop. I am on Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Every time, I would press the power button and lift my finger after a few seconds so it would “cache” my credential. This way, I...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?: Hello, I have been using the fingerprint sensor Windows Hello to sign in ever since I first got my laptop. I am on Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Every time, I would press the power button and lift my finger after a few seconds so it would “cache” my credential. This way, I...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 with the most recent update, and when I tried logging in after the update was complete, my fingerprint scanner didn't work after many repeated tries. This is a DELL XPS 15 laptop, but I would assume the issue lies with Windows 10...
  7. My Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works.: My Asus laptop with Windows 10 that I have had for a couple years - the Windows Hello fingerprint suddenly stopped working and gives the 'unavailable' message and when clicked just says 'something went wrong. Try again later' - which is totally useless to troubleshoot. I...
  8. Fingerprint sensor option removed after latest windows update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Fingerprint sensor option removed after latest windows update: I have found that after the latest Window Update, I no longer have the option of logging in to Windows 'Hello' by using the fingerprint sensor OR my windows password, but only the PIN. Since my laptop does in fact have a fingerprint sensor, I'd at least like to have the...
  9. How to remove Fingerprint from Windows Hello in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Fingerprint from Windows Hello in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to use your fingerprint to log into your computer, you can remove Windows Hello Fingerprint in Windows 10. It is […] This article How to remove Fingerprint from Windows Hello in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update: Hi, I use a Kensington Fingerprint Key - USB 066 with Surface Book. After the latest update, the Fingerprint functionality is not working; I get a message "We couldn't get a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I would appreciate if you could...