Windows 10: Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

Discus and support Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by -S_a_r_a-, Oct 6, 2022.

1. -S_a_r_a- Win User

Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify quickly without moving the window.I'd like to be able to set the Windows Hello Prompt default location. I'd ideally want to be able to set it to be right under the camera. This would make it easier to look at the camera and click the ok button.~Sara

:)

-S_a_r_a-, Oct 6, 2022

2. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request [​IMG]

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Eli A. Win User
    Windows Phone - Feature Request and Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

We would like to thank everyone who has been providing great feedback in the Windows Phone 7 Feature Request & Suggestion Thread. We have certainly heard your requests and would like to provide a more structured process to gather your feedback.

So we are excited to announce the launch of the Windows Phone Suggestion Box.

URL: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com

This new site will give every user the ability to submit their own suggestions and vote on the features/suggestions you feel need to be in upcoming versions of Windows Phone!

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Thanks,

Windows Phone Support Team

Eli A., Oct 6, 2022
  4. Aled T. Win User

Aled T., Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request - Similar Threads - Hello Feedback Feature

2. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  3. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  4. Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request: Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify quickly without moving the window.I'd like to be able to set the Windows Hello Prompt default location. I'd ideally want to be...
  5. Windows cascade feature request

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cascade feature request: Everyone know about windows cascade on the desktop. most everyone uses Alt. Tab instead. Its more effective.I would like to see something like Windows cascade where all windows minimize to their top portion only where you will only see the name of the window and have the min,...
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus Feature Request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Feature Request: Today I Wanted to Request A Feature In Windows Defender To Add Web Protection I Know This Is Already in MS Edge But I Would Like To See It Where It Blocks Dangerous Websites In Any Browser For Free And the ability to Exclude Pages....
  7. Feedback on "Help" from the web feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feedback on "Help" from the web feature: Another rant on Windows's horrible UX. I'm trying to change the start menu color in the Settings, but can't find where to do it. On the right side panel, I see a link "Changing Start Menu color" and of course click on it, because that will take me to the place where I can...
  8. Feature Request.

Feature Request.: I have an ultra-widescreen, when pressing Win key + Left right arrow , it will snap screen left or right ...can we also have a central snap that snaps a window to the center of the screen but keeps the window size to allow you to see a quarter of the desktop either side....
  9. Feature Request

Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  10. Windows 10 feature request or bug?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 feature request or bug?: I utilize Directory Junction (MKLINK /J) to share code resources between static and dynamic compilations also allowing my video bat files using FFMPEG to view my video sources in various stages in a single directory structure instead of across multiple physical drives. The...