Windows 10: Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

Discus and support Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! I somehow removed my pin once and changed it. Then I totally removed it afterwards. Then, I couldn't add a new pin. At the same time, I also... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by themelsan, Sep 10, 2020.

1. themelsan Win User

Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

Hi!

I somehow removed my pin once and changed it. Then I totally removed it afterwards. Then, I couldn't add a new pin. At the same time, I also can't set up my fingerprint. What can I do to fix this? I can't click on set up or add.

Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin 02406fce-5be5-4fb1-a41d-c3b157669b27?upload=true.png

:)

themelsan, Sep 10, 2020

2. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 10, 2020
  3. santhukn Win User
    Finger print enrollments with Win hello feature in Win 10

Hi ,

I will brief my Issue / Questions here :

While enrolling finger prints to win hello , the maximum number of enrollments will take upto 10 fingers

But the 10 finger prints which we have enrolled doesn't listed like finger print 1,2,3,4,5, etc...

and also while removing the enrollments , all enrollments are removed with one click.

So please suggest me is this expected???

Regards

santhosh

santhukn, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

I just built a new computer and transferred my Win10 license and fingerprint reader to it. However, Win Hello says the machine is not viable for Windows Hello. I believe I had this same problem on the old machine at first, but I can't remember what I di to fix it.

I Saw a driver load when I installed the finger print reader but now I can't find it. This all work in my old machine which was also Win 10. I love using the FP reader for my security. Suggestions on how to fix this.?

CalypsoArt, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

1. Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin - Similar Threads - Hello Finger print

2. windows hello finger print doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello finger print doesn't work: Hello i'm having a problem with my windows hello. I can't set up finger print protection. when i click on set up button for finger print, and the get started button, it keeps loading and loading and if i move my pointer, it cancels the process :Have you any same...
  3. windows hello finger print doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello finger print doesn't work: Hello i'm having a problem with my windows hello. I can't set up finger print protection. when i click on set up button for finger print, and the get started button, it keeps loading and loading and if i move my pointer, it cancels the process :Have you any same...
  4. Finger print , pin and boot system not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finger print , pin and boot system not working: Hello , I just set up my finger print and set a pin on my computer in windows hello , I shut down my computer and when I want to start it back I can’t sign in to windows and it gave me error messages. And the I I forgot my pin is also not working , my finger print is also not...
  5. Finger print , pin and boot system not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger print , pin and boot system not working: Hello , I just set up my finger print and set a pin on my computer in windows hello , I shut down my computer and when I want to start it back I can’t sign in to windows and it gave me error messages. And the I I forgot my pin is also not working , my finger print is also not...
  6. finger print and pin not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    finger print and pin not working: I have a brand new HP Envy and the pin was set up as well as finger print. Now neither work. The only way to sign in is with my Microsoft password. Please help....
  7. finger print

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print: Is it possible to install a fingerprint scanner on my laptop, the settings show that I have the option to but the laptop does not have the fingerprint component https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print/ab58d9f5-4338-4bbf-841e-d3e44e506746
  8. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.: Hello, A few days ago I went to log into my computer and I must have had lotion on or something because the finger scanner did not recognize my print. It asked me to type in my PIN which I did not remember so instead I clicked on the "sign in with password" option. Since...
  9. Windows Hello and finger print recognition problems.

Windows Hello and finger print recognition problems.: I have an older HP ProBook 4730s with camera and fingerprint recogition device. Since downloading Windows 10 when I open the Settings window and look at the sign-in options I no longer have the fingerprint option available. I wanted to download Windows Hello but I haven't...
  10. Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?: I just built a new computer and transferred my Win10 license and fingerprint reader to it. However, Win Hello says the machine is not viable for Windows Hello. I believe I had this same problem on the old machine at first, but I can't remember what I di to fix it. I Saw a...