Windows 10: Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Discus and support Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago I went to log into my computer and I must have had lotion on or something because the finger scanner did not recognize my print.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristineGarcia1, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Hello,

A few days ago I went to log into my computer and I must have had lotion on or something because the finger scanner did not recognize my print. It asked me to type in my PIN which I did not remember so instead I clicked on the "sign in with password" option. Since then the fingerprint option has been unavailable and shows "Currently unavailable - something went wrong. Try again later" and does not allow me to click on the "remove" or "add another" buttons in the settings. I have tried several different methods to try and reset the scanner and PIN. I have not tried resetting my computer, but I would really like to avoid that option as I will delete many programs that I want to keep.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

:)

ChristineGarcia1, May 19, 2020

2. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

Windows Security: Antivirus, Facial Recognition & More | Microsoft

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 19, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible. [​IMG]

Edwin, May 19, 2020
  4. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

1. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible. - Similar Threads - hello finger print

2. Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable: Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says This option is currently unavailable and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says...
  3. Windows hello face fingerprint and PIN all 'this option is currently unavailable'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows hello face fingerprint and PIN all 'this option is currently unavailable': hi i have laptops running Win 10 ver 1909, all domain joined, i have no GPO's regarding sign in options and all laptops are unable to use the windows hello feature. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint and Hello Face currently unavailable

Windows Hello Fingerprint and Hello Face currently unavailable: My fingerprint scanner has stopped working can someone please help me. I tried Microsoft Contact Support and was waiting for someone to chat with me, waiting over an hour and being 1 in queue.....I gave up waiting. I can not find Biometric Services anywhere on my computer...
  5. Hello Face Currently Unavailable

Hello Face Currently Unavailable: Hi, I have recently updated my surface pro 7, My hello face sign in was working however occasionally wouldn't register, so I went back into the settings and tried to enhance the facial recongintion as suggested by redoing the face scan. This failed as it was saying for me...
  6. This option is currently unavailable - Windows Hello Pin

This option is currently unavailable - Windows Hello Pin: Hi , I have a domain joined computer with password policy. But when i try to set a Pin or Fingerprint am getting the error "Option is currently unavailable ". I Tried applying GPO settings for Enable Bio metric from the below....
  7. hello face

hello face: hey pipls… my window hello face isn't working \ whenever I try to set up the hello face sign in option, there is an error saying that the camera isn't compatible with window hello face. The camera doesn't have any problem and I do have updated the files, but its still not...
  8. Hello Face

Hello Face: Hi, I accidentally deleted hello Face from my computer. can you please help to re-install it? Below I put everything I could think of that you may need to help with this problem. Thank you, Jason Dell XPS 15 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz Windows...
  9. Windows Hello Face currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face currently unavailable: Hi - I used to have Windows Hello Face running on my Surface Book with no problems. I then did a system reset (fresh install Windows 10) and Windows Hello seems to have gone offline. I'm back on an Insider build now but the problem started when i put a fresh retail Windows 10...
  10. Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable: Hey all, When I signed in today, my PIN said it needed to be changed because of my organization and in wanting to keep it the same, I searched how to avoid this and the suggestion was to remove your pin and re-add it. I went about doing that, but now I cannot add back the...