Windows 10: Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Discus and support Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago I went to log into my computer and I must have had lotion on or something because the finger scanner did not recognize my print.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristineGarcia1, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Hello,

A few days ago I went to log into my computer and I must have had lotion on or something because the finger scanner did not recognize my print. It asked me to type in my PIN which I did not remember so instead I clicked on the "sign in with password" option. Since then the fingerprint option has been unavailable and shows "Currently unavailable - something went wrong. Try again later" and does not allow me to click on the "remove" or "add another" buttons in the settings. I have tried several different methods to try and reset the scanner and PIN. I have not tried resetting my computer, but I would really like to avoid that option as I will delete many programs that I want to keep.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

:)

ChristineGarcia1, May 19, 2020

2. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

Windows Security: Antivirus, Facial Recognition & More | Microsoft

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 19, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible. [​IMG]

Edwin, May 19, 2020
  4. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

1. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible. - Similar Threads - hello finger print

2. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...: Hi!I couldn't change my windows login pin code, because the settings said "This option is not currently unavailable" and requested a corporate or a school account to proceed, but since I don't have either one, I had to figure out something else. I had this problem, but solved...
  3. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...: Hi!I couldn't change my windows login pin code, because the settings said "This option is not currently unavailable" and requested a corporate or a school account to proceed, but since I don't have either one, I had to figure out something else. I had this problem, but solved...
  4. Windows Hello Face- This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face- This option is currently unavailable: Something went wrong. Try again later.I just didn't hop on the forum right off the get go and ask for help here. I have read, and done just about every step that has been suggested and none of them has fixed the problem. Hoping someone knows something I haven't tried....
  5. Windows Hello Face - This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face - This option is currently unavailable: I just recently bought an hp spectre x360 laptop and i have run into a problem of not being able to use or change my sign-in options. Is their anyway to fix this? I am running Windows 10 Home....
  6. windows hello face this option is currently unavailable

windows hello face this option is currently unavailable: I have windows 10 running on my pc i wan to use windows hello face but i tried everything i need help i have used windows hello face on this laptop before and even i used windows hello pin please help...
  7. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable": Hi, I've seen lots of posts similar to my problem, but nothing has seemed to solve it. My Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and PIN says "this option is currently unavailable" My hello face has never worked despite my device having a camera. I used to have the fingerprint and PIN...
  8. Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin: Hi! I somehow removed my pin once and changed it. Then I totally removed it afterwards. Then, I couldn't add a new pin. At the same time, I also can't set up my fingerprint. What can I do to fix this? I can't click on set up or add. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Hello Pin/Windows Hello face

Windows Hello Pin/Windows Hello face: Has anyone came across or having the issue where Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello Pin are not working the message that i am seeing is currently unavailable or Credentials cannot be verified. was working fine until i changed my pin. I can change my pin from the sign in...
  10. Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable: Hi, This is Raviteja and i am using a HP laptop HP Envy X360 13-ar0118au I am not able to set up windows hello on my device. Attached is the screenshot. I am able to use my camera from the default camera application. Please do the needfull [ATTACH]...