Windows 10: Windows "Hello Fingerprint" fails after updating to Win 19042.1237

Discus and support Windows "Hello Fingerprint" fails after updating to Win 19042.1237 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Yesterday I allowed the windows update to run on my Huawei Mate Pro WRT-WX9, updating my Win10 Home version 20H2 to 19042.1237. After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Euro888, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Euro888 Win User

Windows "Hello Fingerprint" fails after updating to Win 19042.1237

Hello,Yesterday I allowed the windows update to run on my Huawei Mate Pro WRT-WX9, updating my Win10 Home version 20H2 to 19042.1237. After that update, my fingerprint is no longer recognized when I login to Windows. At the loggin screen, I get the error "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later". That was yesterday... Fingerprint login is still not working. Luckily, I can still login using my password. I noticed at that point I was given the option to do a "feature update" to Version 21H1, so I tried that, thinking that might solve the problem. It did not. I still got the f

:)

Euro888, Sep 19, 2021

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Windows "Hello Fingerprint" fails after updating to Win 19042.1237 fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Windows "Hello Fingerprint" fails after updating to Win 19042.1237

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows "Hello Fingerprint" fails after updating to Win 19042.1237

1. Windows "Hello Fingerprint" fails after updating to Win 19042.1237 - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint fails

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 with the most recent update, and when I tried logging in after the update was complete, my fingerprint scanner didn't work after many repeated tries. This is a DELL XPS 15 laptop, but I would assume the issue lies with Windows 10...
  3. Asus Fingerprint Problem after updating windows 10 Build 19042

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Fingerprint Problem after updating windows 10 Build 19042: After updating Windows 10 on Asus UX331UN fingerprint doesn't work anymore in device manger don't show any problem but when i trying to add a fingerprint or using them to unlock labtop it don't do anything the solutions i try: -Install last version of driver 1...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable after 1909 update

Windows Hello Fingerprint is unavailable after 1909 update: Hello. My Windows Hello Fingerprint log-in option is unvailable after 1909 update. Please tell how I can fix it. I'ts so awfull when you paid for something operating system in this case and you got it with not working components. Blame Microsoft, BLAME! [IMG]...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates

Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates: Hi, I have an Envy 13 laptop with Windows 10 installed. It's a very brand new laptop. When I first bought it, the fingerprint scanner works just fine with Windows Hello. I had installed few Windows Updates already, but only with the recent latest updates that I notice the...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update: Hi, I use a Kensington Fingerprint Key - USB 066 with Surface Book. After the latest update, the Fingerprint functionality is not working; I get a message "We couldn't get a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I would appreciate if you could...
  7. WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT

WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT: Hi! Previously i've been using the windows hello fingerprint. But suudenly it cant be use anymore. any solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/ad476902-64d0-4c34-bc8b-b6536eb02dfa
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint fails after sleep/resume after 1903 upgrade

Windows Hello Fingerprint fails after sleep/resume after 1903 upgrade: I've been using a Benss USB fingerprint reader for Windows Hello (Windows 10 Pro) for several months now - and prior to 1903 it worked perfectly - after a resume, it instantly logged me in as soon as the Windows screen appeared and I touched the sensor. Now I can't get it to...
  9. Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903: I'm running Windows 10 (enterprise)1903 build 18362.207. I'm trying to setup Windows Hello and Fingerprint with no luck. Every time I'm getting the "Something went wrong. Try again later" error. All Windows Hello features worked fine with my machine in previous version of...
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update: It was working perfectly before I updated to the May 2019 update. When I go to Settings ->Set up Fingerprint sign-in it now says This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more. When I clicked it said there was no fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello....