Windows 10: Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Discus and support Windows Hello Fingerprint issue in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows Hello fingerprint scanner is working for the websites, but not for the windows log-in screen. I am not getting the option to log-in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RajeshfromIndia, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi,

My Windows Hello fingerprint scanner is working for the websites, but not for the windows log-in screen. I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.

Can you please help me on this issue?

Regards,

Rajesh Pathak

:)

RajeshfromIndia, Sep 25, 2019

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Donna Men Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint not registering issue

Hi Leo_bridge,

This fingerprint issue in Windows Hello may occur due to outdated or incompatible driver, corrupted user profile, or possibly a hardware issue. To help me determine possible solution, can you tell me what is your Windows build and version?

As an initial troubleshooting, I recommend you to perform a clean boot to check for possible conflict that might be causing the issue. You can follow the steps under
    How to perform a clean boot on this link.

If issue persist, I suggest creating a test user profile to check if your current user profile has been corrupted, causing the fingerprint to be unrecognized. You can refer to this
    link for the steps.

Keep the thread updated with the results.

Donna Men, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint issue - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint issue

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue: As noted in the attached snippet I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop color silver.The fingerprint reorganization works with one update, then it is "unavailable" after the next update, then it comes back again after another windows update, etc. Yesterday before the last...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue: As noted in the attached snippet I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop color silver.The fingerprint reorganization works with one update, then it is "unavailable" after the next update, then it comes back again after another windows update, etc. Yesterday before the last...
  4. Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Windows hello fingerprint reader: I just got this computer and the fingerprint reader is giving me problems. The reader itself is working fine and letting me use it, the issue lies with windows hello. I want to add another fingerprint to the prints that would work, but when I go into the settings to do that...
  5. Issue with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Windows Hello Fingerprint: My windows hello fingerprint says that it is unavailable. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-windows-hello-fingerprint/87897f40-778b-489d-9a13-cce312c4ef0d
  6. Having issue with Windows Hello Pin and Windows hello Fingerprint

Having issue with Windows Hello Pin and Windows hello Fingerprint: I am having the issue of the hello window, it's says "this option is currently unavailable", "something went wrong . Please try again later" with yellow word with Windows Hello Pin and Window Hello Fingerprint. I have the pin and the fingerprint but i just can't change it or...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue: I have issues with my Windows Hello fingerprint, Hello Face, Hello PIN. I can't seem to use any of the features, can't even add a new fingerprint, PIN and so on. When I first purchase the laptop, Hello Windows were working, up until I had to reformat my PC, this issue has not...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup issue.

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup issue.: I am using Dell Inspiron 5580 with Windows 10. Recently my laptop got repaired by Dell due to some technical issues. After the repair work got completed I tried to login the Fingerprint sensor wasn't able to detect the fingerprint. Although the fingerprints were added...
  9. Issue with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Windows Hello Fingerprint: [ATTACH] So for the past week or so, I have not been able to log in via fingerprint on my HP envy -13-aq0007. I checked my device manager last night and noticed that my fingerprint sensor (Synaptics WBDI SGX) had the message 'Windows cannot load the drivers for this device...
  10. WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT

WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT: Hi! Previously i've been using the windows hello fingerprint. But suudenly it cant be use anymore. any solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/ad476902-64d0-4c34-bc8b-b6536eb02dfa