Windows 10: Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Discus and support Windows Hello Fingerprint Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DavidBartoo, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced to use either password or pin. In the settings under login options it says that Windows Hello isn't available for my device. I ran the troubleshooter in Windows Defender and it showed a driver issue that was supposedly fixed, but each time I run the diagnostic the driver issue is still there.

Has a recent Microsoft update caused my fingerprint reader to stop working?

:)

DavidBartoo, Sep 17, 2019

2. WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login Leaked-Windows-8-1-Build-Reveals-Fingerprint-Login-Screenshot.png

Word is that Microsoft will introduce fingerprint support in Windows 8.1, but the company has remained completely tight-lipped on the feature lineup of its next OS.

A new screenshot that reached the web a few hours ago reveals that Microsoft is indeed working on fingerprint authentication for Windows 8.1, even though it’s not yet clear if such an option would also be available in the stable build of the OS or not.

According to WinBeta.org, fingerprint support has been spotted in a recently-leaked development build of Windows 8.1, so chances are that it’s actually the preview version to be released in June.

As you most likely heard, Microsoft would unveil the first public beta of the Windows 8 update next month at the BUILD developer conference, while the stable release is expected later this year.

Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

micropage7, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint Login

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi, when my laptop froze i restared it and when i whent to login my fingerprint did not work and i cant set it up again and in device manager fingerprint recognition is not there...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint: So In my laptop ASUS X509JA the fingerprint was not working since the last update from windows updates at 2/10/2021 so my question is this common issue with this update or what is it probably i checked every possible ways to fix it but it didn't work so will this be fixed in...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello Fingerprint: So In my laptop ASUS X509JA the fingerprint was not working since the last update from windows updates at 2/10/2021 so my question is this common issue with this update or what is it probably i checked every possible ways to fix it but it didn't work so will this be fixed in...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I cannot access Windows Hello Fingerprint login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot access Windows Hello Fingerprint login: Hello, I recently had to reset my laptop after receiving a USB flash drive from the manufacturer Lenovo as I was unable to activate Windows 10 due to a hardware change on their part I had the BSOD. After the reset, I was asked to create a pin which I did in order to get to...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint

Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hello, my laptop is Asus Vivobook S15 X510UN with i5 8th gen, MX150, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD & 12GB RAM. My fingerprint scanner worked well before I switched to Administrator user and removed the previous one. It keeps showing 'something went wrong' when I try to set up my...
  8. windows hello fingerprint

windows hello fingerprint: I downloaded windows 10 pro on my macbook pro i9 with touch ID. However, windows hello fingerprint is not working. when trying to activate it, i got the message :"we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". Any advice???...
  9. WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT

WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT: Hi! Previously i've been using the windows hello fingerprint. But suudenly it cant be use anymore. any solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/ad476902-64d0-4c34-bc8b-b6536eb02dfa
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint

Windows Hello Fingerprint: when I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, the message shows "something went wrong. try again later." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/138f8868-fe3c-459e-b311-898a6c258493