Windows 10: windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen

Discus and support windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; if i go idle for 15 seconds or more in log in screen.. windows hello wont read my fingerprint..like my reader stops working....fingerprint is still in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dwings02, Sep 3, 2015.

1. dwings02 Win User

windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen

if i go idle for 15 seconds or more in log in screen.. windows hello wont read my fingerprint..like my reader stops working....fingerprint is still in my login option but no reaction everytime i try to swipe my finger in the reader..
    i am sure that the reader is working fin because after i log in using password, i try to register new fingerprint and it is working fine..and there is no problem in my fingerprint reader before upgrading to windows 10

i tend to power up my laptop and then let it be for a few minutes..and i think its not the right behavior of fingerprint reader to stop reading fingerprint like that...
    is there a good solution for this?

:)

dwings02, Sep 3, 2015

2. Cannot login to Admin

Hello

I have an X1 Carbon. After a Windows 10 update, I got a message that the fingerpriint software was incompatible and was being uninstalled. As a result, I can no longer login to the Admin account, via either fingerprint or password.

When I shut down and power on again, I can bypass the bios fingerprint request by using ESC. Then, I enter the bios password and hard drive password. That takes me to the Windows login screen where I am asked to enter the password of a user. I had hidden
    the Admin, so that is not a choice. I am also asked to select fingerprint or password entry. When I select fingerprint entry and swipe the Admin fingerprint, I get a screen that still shows the user name, but under that, there is a smiley face, windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen :), and it
    says "Hello Admin". When I swipe again, the following appears, "To sign in, scan a registered finger on the fingerprint reader". Yet, when I first swiped, it recognized me as the Admin and the "windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen :) Hello Admin" appeared.

Entering the password for Admin doesn't work. The login screen will only accept the password of the User that is selected.

What to do? How do I login to Admin?

Thanks

giancarlo88, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Hello Fingerprint Forgotten and asking to setup the fingerprint settings.

Original Title: Windows Hello Fingerprint Forgotten

I have recently installed my fingerprint drivers on my Toshiba R700 and have successfully set up windows hello.

But once in a while windows hello seems to forget my fingerprints.

What happens is it will reset my entire fingerprint database after setting it up previously seems to Disappear and asks me to login via the other options, and after navigating back to the login settings it says I am required to set up my fingerprints again
    meaning it had deleted my previous fingerprints..

I believe this happens after a windows update but not confirmed just yet.

I can seem to use windows hello's fingerprint correctly and it recognizes me when unlocking and restarting my PC.

Zac Sanson, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen

1. windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen - Similar Threads - hello fingerprint working

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Windows Hello Fingerprint not working, I can only use PIN as sign in on my computer. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-not-working/7165b4c5-7398-4358-af5e-c383e26e1b2c
  3. Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working: Hi Team Currently i have an issue with my fingerprint sensor. It doesnt work since yesterday. When i try to check at login option it has a notification that "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I use laptop Dell Latitude 5400...
  4. Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working: Hi Team Currently i have an issue with my fingerprint sensor. It doesnt work since yesterday. When i try to check at login option it has a notification that "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I use laptop Dell Latitude 5400...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Hi there, I bought a new Windows surface laptop go yesterday and tried to set up my fingerprint, I tried multiple times and it would not recognise any of my fingerprints i tried different fingers. After searching for a solution online, I uninstalled the biometric device under...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working: I just set up a new Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 yesterday and everything seems to be working well except for the fingerprint login. I've tried to troubleshoot and the error message I see is "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint'. Can...
  7. Hello Fingerprint Not Working

Hello Fingerprint Not Working: I Recently Had My Laptop Reset And Rebooted And It Was Like All New But The Fingerprint Was Not Working I Also Have A Fingerprint Sensor But It Is Not Working : [IMG] Plz Answer Help Me!...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint is not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint is not working: Hi all, I have some different generation of Lenovo X1 Carbon which all of them had fingerprint sensor. Recently all of them upgraded to latest Windows version, when me and my user want to setup Windows Hello Fingerprint. When I go to Settings want to choose Windows Hello...
  9. Hello fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello fingerprint not working: I need help. I just bought my lenovo ideapad slim 3 laptop and Hello fingerprint is not working. Also, on device manager, biometrics is not there. submitted by /u/sgtenayis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5witc/hello_fingerprint_not_working/
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login: I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced to use either password or pin. In the settings under login options it says that Windows Hello isn't available for my device....