Windows 10: Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

Discus and support Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It was working perfectly before I updated to the May 2019 update. When I go to Settings ->Set up Fingerprint sign-in it now says This option is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by badieshisha, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

It was working perfectly before I updated to the May 2019 update. When I go to Settings ->Set up Fingerprint sign-in it now says This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more. When I clicked it said there was no fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello.

I tried updating the driver for the biometric device in the device manager and the icon had a caution on it but it said it was already up to date.

:)

badieshisha, Jun 29, 2019

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

It was working perfectly before I updated to the May 2019 update. When I go to
    Settings ->Set up Fingerprint sign-in it now says This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more. When I clicked it said there was no fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello.

I tried updating the driver for the biometric device in the device manager and the icon had a caution on it but it said it was already up to date.

badieshisha, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint working

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Windows Hello Fingerprint not working, I can only use PIN as sign in on my computer. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-not-working/7165b4c5-7398-4358-af5e-c383e26e1b2c
  3. Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working: Hi Team Currently i have an issue with my fingerprint sensor. It doesnt work since yesterday. When i try to check at login option it has a notification that "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I use laptop Dell Latitude 5400...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Hi there, I bought a new Windows surface laptop go yesterday and tried to set up my fingerprint, I tried multiple times and it would not recognise any of my fingerprints i tried different fingers. After searching for a solution online, I uninstalled the biometric device under...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update

Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 with the most recent update, and when I tried logging in after the update was complete, my fingerprint scanner didn't work after many repeated tries. This is a DELL XPS 15 laptop, but I would assume the issue lies with Windows 10...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates

Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates: Hi, I have an Envy 13 laptop with Windows 10 installed. It's a very brand new laptop. When I first bought it, the fingerprint scanner works just fine with Windows Hello. I had installed few Windows Updates already, but only with the recent latest updates that I notice the...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update: Hi, I use a Kensington Fingerprint Key - USB 066 with Surface Book. After the latest update, the Fingerprint functionality is not working; I get a message "We couldn't get a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I would appreciate if you could...
  8. Sleep mode is not working after Windows May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode is not working after Windows May 2019 Update: Hello everyone. I am having a problem with getting my computer into sleep mode. Recently, I just updated the Windows version to May 2019 update. When I clicked on sleep mode, the computer went into blue screen and suddenly blacked out. Anyone knows what's happening?...
  9. Windows Security after May 2019 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security after May 2019 update: I've noticed after the May 2019 update, I did not get any notifications from Windows Security and when I opened Windows Security, it just says "Security at a glance". I have tried services but it is set to automatic (delayed start). Is there a problem that caused this?...
  10. Regression after updating to May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regression after updating to May 2019 Update: After upgrading to this update, it completely messed up my laptop. The texts don't appear in desktop apps or appear randomly (My PC Properties, Control Panel - guess the name, My PC), Chinese/Japanese characters are rendered as "squares". Have to use Edge like this because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello fingerprint not working 2019

2. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint

3. Windows couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

4. We could not find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint,
  5. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello,
  6. couldnt find fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello finger print,
  7. windows hello fingerprint scanner download,
  8. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner hp,
  9. we couldnt find a fingerprint scan compatible with windows hello fingerprint,
  10. We couldnt find a finger print scanner compatible with windows Hello finger print,
  11. couldnt find fingerprint scanner compatible,
  12. we couldnt find the fingerprint scanner,
  13. couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello,
  14. hello fingerprint not working after update,
  15. we could not find a compatible finger print scanner