Windows 10: Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6

Discus and support Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought a HP laptop 450 G6. When I go to Settings -> Sign in options --> Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ricky Petumber, May 31, 2020.

1. Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6

I just bought a HP laptop 450 G6. When I go to Settings -> Sign in options --> Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable - We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello."

In device manager it seems like I dont have the driver for biometric. I tried downloading it, but nothing seems to have happened.

Can someone please help me.

:)

Ricky Petumber, May 31, 2020

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, May 31, 2020
  3. Is the fingerprint scanner of HP laptops such as the ProBook 430 G2 simply incompatible with current Windows versions?

I recently bought a refurbished HP ProBook 430 G2 in Japan. It feels new and I'm very happy with it.

I believe this model was originally sold with Windows 8 or 8.1 but it had a fresh install of Windows 10 on it when I bought it.

The laptop seems to have a fingerprint scanner below the keyboard, to the right of trackpad.

It doesn't seem to do anything. I can't find it listed in Device Manager. I can find lots of people asking similar questions on various forums but without adequate answers.

I have updated Windows 10 and updated all drivers from the HP website. I have specifically downloaded and run every version of the fingerprint scanner from HP's site that have links posted in the answers in the forums I found on this topic.

Under Sign-in Options / Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". Clicking does not lead to any solutions though.

My best theory is that Windows Hello is new and requires a specific kind of fingerprint scanner driver that is either not compatible with the sensor hardware on this laptop, or which has not had a Hello-compatible driver released for some reason.

My second theory is that perhaps my laptop has a "blank" where the fingerprint sensor would be and that it was optional and my laptop never had one but I just don't know what it should look like (-:

hippietrail, May 31, 2020
  4. Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6

1. Windows hello fingerprint not working on my hp probook g6 - Similar Threads - hello fingerprint working

2. Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.: i recently upgraded to Windows 11 from and my fingerprint stopped working, please need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-not-working-after-upgrading-hp-probook/ece89a52-0032-46c1-a985-22cae0abdad2
  3. Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint not working after upgrading hp ProBook 6550b.: i recently upgraded to Windows 11 from and my fingerprint stopped working, please need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-not-working-after-upgrading-hp-probook/ece89a52-0032-46c1-a985-22cae0abdad2
  4. HP ProBook 450 G2 Windows Hello Fingerprint unavailable windows 10 pro N 22h2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP ProBook 450 G2 Windows Hello Fingerprint unavailable windows 10 pro N 22h2: ERROR 1: WE COULDNT FIND A FINGERPRINT SCANNER COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINTERROR 2: Device Root\WindowsHelloFaceSoftwareDriver\0000 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem15.inf Class Guid: {53d29ef7-377c-4d14-864b-eb3a85769359} Service: WUDFRd Lower Filters:...
  5. HP ProBook 450 G2 Windows Hello Fingerprint unavailable windows 10 pro N 22h2

HP ProBook 450 G2 Windows Hello Fingerprint unavailable windows 10 pro N 22h2: ERROR 1: WE COULDNT FIND A FINGERPRINT SCANNER COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINTERROR 2: Device Root\WindowsHelloFaceSoftwareDriver\0000 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem15.inf Class Guid: {53d29ef7-377c-4d14-864b-eb3a85769359} Service: WUDFRd Lower Filters:...
  6. we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...

we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...: Hello,Hello, I have a problem with the activation of the fingerprint on my computer. I already have the driver on my computer, I checked the services and it is active and in automatic mode. I have checked the other parameters and all seems good. Except that I can't activate...
  7. we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...: Hello,Hello, I have a problem with the activation of the fingerprint on my computer. I already have the driver on my computer, I checked the services and it is active and in automatic mode. I have checked the other parameters and all seems good. Except that I can't activate...
  8. we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint HP PROBOOK...

9. My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working

My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working: Hey there! Thanks for reading my question. I just got this laptop a month ago. I have never used the fingerprint reader, nor have I ever thought about it. I've been wanting to use it the more I see it every day, so I go to windows settings to activate it, but it says "This...
  10. No Windows hello option on my HP Probook?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Windows hello option on my HP Probook?: I bought hp probook with windows 10 installed on it. Tried to set up windows hello but cannot be found in the sign in options * Moved from Insider * Original title: windows hello...