Windows 10: Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger

Discus and support Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a fingerprint sensor, and Windows recognizes it as a Windows Hello-compatible device. Everything about it used to work perfectly until a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexMuczynski, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger

I have a fingerprint sensor, and Windows recognizes it as a Windows Hello-compatible device. Everything about it used to work perfectly until a few days ago. Now, every time I try to set up a fingerprint for Windows Hello, the following sequence of events occur:1. It asks me to touch the fingerprint sensor.2. I touch the fingerprint sensor.3. It registers my touch.4. It hangs for a second before telling me, "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again."5. Rinse and repeat...I have confirmed multiple times via multiple methods that my fingerprint

:)

AlexMuczynski, Mar 12, 2022
  2. santhukn Win User

Finger print enrollments with Win hello feature in Win 10

Hi ,

I will brief my Issue / Questions here :

While enrolling finger prints to win hello , the maximum number of enrollments will take upto 10 fingers

But the 10 finger prints which we have enrolled doesn't listed like finger print 1,2,3,4,5, etc...

and also while removing the enrollments , all enrollments are removed with one click.

So please suggest me is this expected???

Regards

santhosh

santhukn, Mar 12, 2022
  3. Windows Hello enrollment is not working properly with fingerprint device

Windows Hello enrollment is not working properly with fingerprint device of HP Laptop on Lock Screen, how to get rid of this..??

I have installed all available windows updates, plz suggest me proper solution.

D h E e R a JR, Mar 12, 2022
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger

Windows Hello fingerprint recognition

My laptop got a fingerprint scanner, but I can't use it to sign in. This is what it says in the settings: "There is no fingerprint scanner that is compatible with the Windows Hello fingerprint recognition." What can I do?

Dominic Lauener, Mar 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger

1. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger - Similar Threads - Hello fingerprint recognition

2. Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...: Hello, the Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer available. So when I was unable to unlock my device with my fingerprint, I unlocked it with a PIN, then I updated the device and tried to unlock it, but that did not work, so I...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue: As noted in the attached snippet I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop color silver.The fingerprint reorganization works with one update, then it is "unavailable" after the next update, then it comes back again after another windows update, etc. Yesterday before the last...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue: As noted in the attached snippet I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop color silver.The fingerprint reorganization works with one update, then it is "unavailable" after the next update, then it comes back again after another windows update, etc. Yesterday before the last...
  5. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable

Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable: This Option is currently unavailable. I cannot remove this option to set it up again. Face recognition does not work either, tried setting that up as well and says something went wrong. I went through the device manager and not sure why I don't have a driver for fingerprint...
  6. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable: This Option is currently unavailable. I cannot remove this option to set it up again. Face recognition does not work either, tried setting that up as well and says something went wrong. I went through the device manager and not sure why I don't have a driver for fingerprint...
  7. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger

Windows Hello fingerprint recognition refuses to let me enroll a finger: I have a fingerprint sensor, and Windows recognizes it as a Windows Hello-compatible device. Everything about it used to work perfectly until a few days ago. Now, every time I try to set up a fingerprint for Windows Hello, the following sequence of events occur:1. It asks me...
  8. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello fingerprint recognition: My laptop got a fingerprint scanner, but I can't use it to sign in. This is what it says in the settings: "There is no fingerprint scanner that is compatible with the Windows Hello fingerprint recognition." What can I do?...
  9. Windows Hello Face Recognition refuses to work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition refuses to work: I'm working on a brand new Dell XPS 8930 Desktop (i7-8700K, 64GB RAM). The computer is working very well except this one issue that is becoming really annoying. I bought a webcam on Amazon that supports Windows Hello Face recognition (I used the same one on other computers...
  10. Windows Hello and finger print recognition problems.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello and finger print recognition problems.: I have an older HP ProBook 4730s with camera and fingerprint recogition device. Since downloading Windows 10 when I open the Settings window and look at the sign-in options I no longer have the fingerprint option available. I wanted to download Windows Hello but I haven't...