Windows 10: Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled

Discus and support Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows Hello Fingerprint "Set Up" button is faded and disabled. I have a PIN. I am signed in with my Microsoft Account. I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DHughes2, Nov 9, 2018.

1. DHughes2 Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled

Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled 7b329f90-b38c-4a9d-96c9-24eb82e0c69e?upload=true.png

Windows Hello Fingerprint "Set Up" button is faded and disabled.

I have a PIN.

I am signed in with my Microsoft Account.

I cannot find the setting in my UEFI BIOS regarding fingerprint.

Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled 7e674e53-9111-4657-bcee-a3a01d6e244b?upload=true.png

My fingerprint scanner is installed and working perfectly. It is simply waiting for Windows Hello to set up the fingerprints.

:)

DHughes2, Nov 9, 2018

2. Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hi,

It's odd for your fingerprint not to work after your computer wakes up from sleep mode. The power management settings could have something to do with it. Let's isolate your concern by modifying the power management through Device Manager. Simply follow the
    steps below:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your computer, then select
      Device Manager.
    • locate your fingerprint reader, it should be in Biometric Devices section.
    • Right click the fingerprint reader, then choose Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management tab, then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    • Click OK.

We also suggest disabling and enabling the Credential Manager service. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, then type in services.msc.
    • Look for Credential Manager service, then double click on it.
    • Under General tab, Select Stop.
    • Once you've stopped the service, click on Start to restart the service.
    • Click Apply and OK to save the changes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    After an update, my windows Hello no longer has an option to use the fingerprint reader. All I get is password sign on

Hi Margo,

There may be an issue with the fingerprint data in Settings, or it is possible that the fingerprint scanner driver is corrupted or needs to be update. These can be the reasons why you're unable to use your fingerprint as your login. For us to know if the
    issue is with the fingerprint data or with the driver of fingerprint scanner, we need to re-register your fingerprint data. This means that we will be removing the fingerprint data, and then adding it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Sign-in options.
    • Under Windows Hello, click Remove.
    • After removing the fingerprint data, set up Windows Hello again.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint Set

2. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have been trying to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, but it consistently fails. I retried many times, but it always says: "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again"....
  3. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have been trying to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, but it consistently fails. I retried many times, but it always says: "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again"....
  4. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working: Hi - I'm attempting to setup my fingerprint sensor for my Acer Spin 3 laptop. The laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor, yet when I attempt to set it up, I am required to click 'get started' - nothing happens when I click this button. I have attempted reinstalling...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working: Hi - I'm attempting to setup my fingerprint sensor for my Acer Spin 3 laptop. The laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor, yet when I attempt to set it up, I am required to click 'get started' - nothing happens when I click this button. I have attempted reinstalling...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set-Up Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How to disable the Remove button on Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello Fingerprint...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable the Remove button on Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello Fingerprint...: We are trying to implement Passwordless authentication to Windows. We want to enable the user with both Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello Fingerprint. Some of the system information are as below:OS Version - Windows 10 Build - 10.0.18363The requirements are as below: User...
  9. hello fingerprint will not set up

hello fingerprint will not set up: I have a Dell Latitude 5400 and everytime I go to set up the fingerprint id it comes back with a message saying 'Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows hello and then try going through the setup again' I have updated the laptop- I have installed the latest driver from...
  10. Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint

Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint: Hi, as seen from the picture it says that windows hello fingerprint is unavailable and I am currently using a Lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon 7th gen. Any idea how to fix this problem? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello fingerprint setup button disable

2. win10 enterprise windows hello set up button disabled

3. windows hello setup fingerprint disabled

4. windows 10 Hello fingerprint setup button grayed out PIN has been setup,
  5. modern keyboard fingerprint set up disabled,
  6. windows hello fingerprint setup disabled,
  7. fingerprint set up disabled