Windows 10: Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup

Discus and support Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently got a new acer aspire 7 laptop with inbuilt fingerprint scanner in the trackpad And have been using it for 4 months now After updating to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChaitanyaSinha, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup

I recently got a new acer aspire 7 laptop with inbuilt fingerprint scanner in the trackpad
    And have been using it for 4 months now

After updating to 20H2 update and signing in to my school provided microsoft account

I dont seem to be able to use the fingerprint option. It could be due to some tweaks i did in the msconfig services tab where i disabled all servies after hiding windows processess. I skipped all the intel processes and one of the fingerprint but now i just can't seem to activate it. The option now is just greyed out and says something went wrong. Even after removing the school account or restoring to a previous system image when everything worked, i cant seem to get it to work. Even trued uninstalling it from the device manager and reinstalling it. And getting the drivers form the manufacturer website. Need help

:)

ChaitanyaSinha, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 28, 2020
  4. zdoe Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup

Thema:

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint Setup

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint setup cannot be completed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint setup cannot be completed: Whenever I try to setup fingerprint authentication on my Dell Latitude 7390, I get a message that says "Sorry, something went wrong" precisely after touching the fingerprint sensor 4 times. The 5th one always produces this error and exits the setup. I have uninstalled and...
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  5. Fingerprint app windows hello setup not woking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint app windows hello setup not woking: Hi all, After the upgrade to windows 11 my fingerprint app itself not opening especially windows hello setup, When I click the add fingerprint a black window comes and goes but nothing works. I tried reinstall of driver and also tried with updating driver software nothing...
  6. Fingerprint app windows hello setup not woking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint app windows hello setup not woking: Hi all, After the upgrade to windows 11 my fingerprint app itself not opening especially windows hello setup, When I click the add fingerprint a black window comes and goes but nothing works. I tried reinstall of driver and also tried with updating driver software nothing...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup issue.: I am using Dell Inspiron 5580 with Windows 10. Recently my laptop got repaired by Dell due to some technical issues. After the repair work got completed I tried to login the Fingerprint sensor wasn't able to detect the fingerprint. Although the fingerprints were added...
  8. Microsoft Hello will not enter setup for fingerprints

Microsoft Hello will not enter setup for fingerprints: I have a new HP Envy 13 inch laptop. The fingerprint setup worked fine as part of the initial computer setup, but about a week later the fingerprint stopped logging in so I deleted the old fingerprints in Windows Hello and tried to setup new ones. However, when I hit the...
  9. windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working

windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working: my windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working. Its saying this option is currently unavailable. I am having ASUS laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-and-fingerprint-setup-not/e32e02b9-d095-45f6-b474-be672f7ce6bb
  10. windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup: win10 enterprise - new machine that i'm setting up - xps 9560. so - if i try to set up a fingerprint, i just get a flash screen of something opening/closing - too fast to screen-capture or see. yes, i have the synaptics drivers and they appear to be working by device...