Windows 10: Windows Hello-Fingerprint sign in

Discus and support Windows Hello-Fingerprint sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy laptop with a fingerprint scanner. When first purchased I was able to sign in using a fingerprint scanner. It seems somewhere after... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Danvillegirl, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows Hello-Fingerprint sign in

I have an HP Envy laptop with a fingerprint scanner. When first purchased I was able to sign in using a fingerprint scanner. It seems somewhere after some Windows Updates, this feature is no compatible with Windows Hello. I have searched and searched to find out how to fix this and recommendations have failed. I was hopeful that I might get some help from this community on how to fix this or is not fixable? Thank you for feedback/suggestions.

:)

Danvillegirl, May 29, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Windows Hello-Fingerprint sign in fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I had a chat discussion with one of the Microsoft tech agents. After much troubleshooting and hit and try, some issues got fixed.

I use HP Client Security for fingerprint login. There I also created 'spare key' which was preventing Windows to show fingerprint login option. When I removed spare key option, I got back the fingerprint login option for me.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Pathak

RajeshfromIndia, May 29, 2020
  4. Wullail Win User

Windows Hello-Fingerprint sign in

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello-Fingerprint sign in

1. Windows Hello-Fingerprint sign in - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint sign

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Sign-In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Sign-In: Hello, I have an issue where my laptop keep automatically try to logon after restart even though I did not logon using biometric option. The error message “The device couldn’t recognize you. Please try again.” keep persistant flickering as if I logon with the wrong biometric...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Sign-In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Sign-In: Hello, I have an issue where my laptop keep automatically try to logon after restart even though I did not logon using biometric option. The error message “The device couldn’t recognize you. Please try again.” keep persistant flickering as if I logon with the wrong biometric...
  4. Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in

Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in: I recently purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, that did an automatic download of Windows 11. I opened the box on Friday and started the setup process. By midday Saturday I had a blue screen that just kept rebooting itself. I did some research on Windows 11 and...
  5. Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in: I recently purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, that did an automatic download of Windows 11. I opened the box on Friday and started the setup process. By midday Saturday I had a blue screen that just kept rebooting itself. I did some research on Windows 11 and...
  6. Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in: I recently purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, that did an automatic download of Windows 11. I opened the box on Friday and started the setup process. By midday Saturday I had a blue screen that just kept rebooting itself. After researching the problem, I took my...
  8. Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in

Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in: I recently purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, that did an automatic download of Windows 11. I opened the box on Friday and started the setup process. By midday Saturday I had a blue screen that just kept rebooting itself. After researching the problem, I took my...
  9. Windows Hello and/or Fingerprint sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. windows Hello fingerprint sign in

windows Hello fingerprint sign in: I registered all my fingerprints in windows Hello but I cant use them to sign in. Windows Hello is responding with "fingerprint already registered with another account"...