Windows 10: Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates

Discus and support Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Envy 13 laptop with Windows 10 installed. It's a very brand new laptop. When I first bought it, the fingerprint scanner works just fine... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TENGKU SAIFULLIZAN, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates

Hi,

I have an Envy 13 laptop with Windows 10 installed. It's a very brand new laptop. When I first bought it, the fingerprint scanner works just fine with Windows Hello. I had installed few Windows Updates already, but only with the recent latest updates that I notice the fingerprint scanner returns an error when I go to set it up again. It was not working so I went to remove and tried to set a new one. I have gone through the Windows Support Chatbot but to no success. I'm not sure if there is an issue with the driver or is it Windows that caused it to stop working. The fingerprint scanner is using a Synaptics WBDI SGX driver.

I hope someone can guide and help me with the problem.

Thanks.

Regards.

:)

TENGKU SAIFULLIZAN, Mar 30, 2020

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Mar 30, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working after Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint suddenly

2. Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working: Hi Team Currently i have an issue with my fingerprint sensor. It doesnt work since yesterday. When i try to check at login option it has a notification that "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I use laptop Dell Latitude 5400...
  3. Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Windows Fingerprint is not working: Hi Team Currently i have an issue with my fingerprint sensor. It doesnt work since yesterday. When i try to check at login option it has a notification that "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I use laptop Dell Latitude 5400...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Hi there, I bought a new Windows surface laptop go yesterday and tried to set up my fingerprint, I tried multiple times and it would not recognise any of my fingerprints i tried different fingers. After searching for a solution online, I uninstalled the biometric device under...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working: I just set up a new Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 yesterday and everything seems to be working well except for the fingerprint login. I've tried to troubleshoot and the error message I see is "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint'. Can...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update

Windows Hello Fingerprint feature not working after Windows update: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 with the most recent update, and when I tried logging in after the update was complete, my fingerprint scanner didn't work after many repeated tries. This is a DELL XPS 15 laptop, but I would assume the issue lies with Windows 10...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint is not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint is not working: Hi all, I have some different generation of Lenovo X1 Carbon which all of them had fingerprint sensor. Recently all of them upgraded to latest Windows version, when me and my user want to setup Windows Hello Fingerprint. When I go to Settings want to choose Windows Hello...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint suddenly not working: The feature is just fine up until I updated my machine to windows 10 pro. It's still showing up actually for about 2 days but after that it fails. I already made some changes on the group policies and got the windows hello service running. But unfortunately the fingerprint...
  9. Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update: Hi, I use a Kensington Fingerprint Key - USB 066 with Surface Book. After the latest update, the Fingerprint functionality is not working; I get a message "We couldn't get a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I would appreciate if you could...
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working after the May 2019 update: It was working perfectly before I updated to the May 2019 update. When I go to Settings ->Set up Fingerprint sign-in it now says This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more. When I clicked it said there was no fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. finger scanner stopped working t470

2. windows fingerprint sign in and pin not working