Windows 10: Windows Hello Fingerprint

Discus and support Windows Hello Fingerprint in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; when I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, the message shows "something went wrong. try again later."... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by fluffball23, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint

when I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, the message shows "something went wrong. try again later."

:)

fluffball23, Aug 18, 2019

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

Hi TouhaZohair,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologize for the delay in reply.

Method 1: Update Chipset and Biometric Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

I would suggest you to refer the computer manufacturer’ website, and install the latest chipset and biometric drivers for the device. If you do not find the drivers on website, then you can contact the Manufacturer to get the compatible
    drivers.

Method 2: Remove and Add Fingerprint Options

Step 1: Remove Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click
      Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click
      Remove button
    3. Then Reboot your PC.

Step 2: Add Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click Add button
    3. Sign-out and sign-in to the
      Microsoft Account

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Fingerprint

1. Windows Hello Fingerprint - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint

2. How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint: so i always had the fingerprint bit on my laptop Lenovo Ideapad suddenly which is today my laptop isnt letting me and this stupid Windows Hello thing came and said fingerprint isnt available anymore on this laptop. how do i get my fingerprint back...
  3. How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint: so i always had the fingerprint bit on my laptop Lenovo Ideapad suddenly which is today my laptop isnt letting me and this stupid Windows Hello thing came and said fingerprint isnt available anymore on this laptop. how do i get my fingerprint back...
  4. How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  6. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  7. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

8. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  9. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  10. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...