Windows 10: Windows Hello FIPS Compliant

Discus and support Windows Hello FIPS Compliant in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, Is Windows Hello FIPS Compliant or on a roadmap to becoming compliant? Also does it come bundled with any operating systems, if yes which... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by UltimaX_77, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Windows Hello FIPS Compliant

Hi there,

Is Windows Hello FIPS Compliant or on a roadmap to becoming compliant?

Also does it come bundled with any operating systems, if yes which ones?

Thanks,

Mae

:)

UltimaX_77, Mar 8, 2020

2. How to disable FIPS without Internet connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The United States Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) defines security and interoperability requirements for computer systems that are used by the U.S. federal government. The FIPS 140 standard defines approved cryptographic algorithms.
    The FIPS 140 standard also sets forth requirements for key generation and for key management. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses the Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP) to determine whether a particular implementation
    of a cryptographic algorithm is compliant with the FIPS 140 standard. An implementation of a cryptographic algorithm is considered FIPS 140-compliant only if it has been submitted for and has passed NIST validation. An algorithm that has not been submitted
    cannot be considered FIPS-compliant even if the implementation produces identical data as a validated implementation of the same algorithm.

As the issue is related to FIPS, I would suggest you to ask your query in the Microsoft TechNet forum please refer the link below:

FIPS disable - Microsoft TechNet Search

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows 10, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Can't Connect to WiFi - FIPS Mistakenly Enabled

Hello,

Please answer the questions below:

• How did you enable FIPS?
    • Did you enable FIPS from the router page?

Please let us know if you have followed the steps mention by Jitendra Kushwaha in the TechNet link which you have sent.

I request you to follow the steps and disable the FIPS and try to connect to the network after restarting the device.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 8, 2020
  4. Sid Kidd Win User

Windows Hello FIPS Compliant

Is Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 FIPS 140-2 Compliant.

Good Day, I am looking to purchase quite a few of the Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050 that have the AES Encryption. I am with a government facility and we have to have equipment that meets STIG Requirements. That requirement means that the Wireless Keyboards
    and Mice must be FIPS 140-2 Compliant. I understand that they are currently FIPS 197 compliant but that is only the AES Algorithm certification. Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also after trying to post this I see there is no Category for this topic so I apologize for it not being in the correct spot and If someone from Microsoft will put it in the appropriate place I would appreciate that as well.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

Sid Kidd, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello FIPS Compliant

1. Windows Hello FIPS Compliant - Similar Threads - Hello FIPS Compliant

2. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home: I accidentally activated FIPS on one of my home networks, part of a linksys router and I need help disabling it. The registry says FIPS isn't enabled....
  3. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home: I accidentally activated FIPS on one of my home networks, part of a linksys router and I need help disabling it. The registry says FIPS isn't enabled....
  4. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows FIPS -140-2 & 140-3 Compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows FIPS -140-2 & 140-3 Compliance: I notice information on Windows FIPS compliance is located here: Federal Information Processing Standard FIPS 140 Validation - Windows security Microsoft Learn to include information regarding NIST certificates. Every certificate listed is marked "Historical", meaning they...
  6. Windows FIPS -140-2 & 140-3 Compliance

Windows FIPS -140-2 & 140-3 Compliance: I notice information on Windows FIPS compliance is located here: Federal Information Processing Standard FIPS 140 Validation - Windows security Microsoft Learn to include information regarding NIST certificates. Every certificate listed is marked "Historical", meaning they...
  7. "Use FIPS compliant algorithms" + Windows 11 22h2 = ... slow computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Use FIPS compliant algorithms" + Windows 11 22h2 = ... slow computers?: Between Windows 11 21H2 and Windows 11 22H2 I've narrowed down a performance issue to having "Use FIPS compliant algorithms" enabled vs disabled Reg Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy\Enabled seemingly being the culprit.With this...
  8. "Use FIPS compliant algorithms" + Windows 11 22h2 = ... slow computers?

"Use FIPS compliant algorithms" + Windows 11 22h2 = ... slow computers?: Between Windows 11 21H2 and Windows 11 22H2 I've narrowed down a performance issue to having "Use FIPS compliant algorithms" enabled vs disabled Reg Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy\Enabled seemingly being the culprit.With this...
  9. Is Windows 11 FIPS/140-2 certified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 11 FIPS/140-2 certified?: I see that is has the option to activate it, but I cannot prove it via a cert or NIST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-fips140-2-certified/da0d96ec-28a1-407c-b5bc-b239a54aa429
  10. Is Windows 11 FIPS/140-2 certified?

Is Windows 11 FIPS/140-2 certified?: I see that is has the option to activate it, but I cannot prove it via a cert or NIST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-fips140-2-certified/da0d96ec-28a1-407c-b5bc-b239a54aa429