Windows 10: Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel

Discus and support Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We configured Windows Hello for Business hybrid key trust; devices are joined on-premises. On my test laptop everything worked fine. But with the first... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ErjenRijnders, May 5, 2021.

1. Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel

We configured Windows Hello for Business hybrid key trust; devices are joined on-premises. On my test laptop everything worked fine. But with the first test user, something strange appeared which I never saw before.If the user logs in with username/password, the user gets the Windows Hello screen because it's added in Intune in the test group. First you must authenticate yourself with a second factor, after that you get the screen where you must set your Windows Hello Pin. But before you can set the pin, you see a spinning wheel. There is nothing you can do at that point as a user.We found out

:)

ErjenRijnders, May 5, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 5, 2021
  3. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

I have an HP EliteBook 830 G6 laptop,

with a usb fingerprint reader.

I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Build 19041.508.

I use domain account: OnPremise AS + Office365

two months ago I configured Windows Hello PIN + FingerPrint following these steps:

1. Set 3 policy: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Hello for Business in "not configured"
    2. Set 3 policy: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometry (Biometria) in "Enabled"
      1. Consenti utilizzo della biometria
      2. Consenti agli utenti di accedere utilizzando la biometria
      3. Consenti agli utenti di dominio di accedere utilizzando la biometria
    3. In gpedit: Administrative Templates - System - Logon - Enable "Turn on convenience PIN sign in"
    4. Run - regedit - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] - create a Dword32 key - AllowDoaminPINLogon - set value = 1

After 3-4 weeks suddenly PIN and fingerprint authentication disappeared from login screen,

even i they are correctly enabled in control panel

I tried to disable and enable again fingerprint, without lucky.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Stefano Scalas, May 5, 2021
  4. Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel

1. Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel - Similar Threads - Hello Business login

2. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  3. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  4. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows spinning wheel of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spinning wheel of death: My brother recently let his acer laptop do an automatic update and ever since it will turn on to the start up page but sits at the spinning wheel constantly. It's in a loop and won't start up. I can get it to do "preparing automatic repair" but there are no options and screen...
  6. Windows10 black screen with spinning wheel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 black screen with spinning wheel: Last night 12/12/2020 I “Update and Shutdown” my HP laptop before I went to bed. Got up this morning and the screen is black with the spinning wagon wheel. It appears it is stuck in the update. I’m afraid to CTL-ALT-DEL while it’s updating as I know this can cause corruption...
  7. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen: I have an HP EliteBook 830 G6 laptop, with a usb fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Build 19041.508. I use domain account: OnPremise AS + Office365 two months ago I configured Windows Hello PIN + FingerPrint following these steps: Set 3 policy:...
  8. Windows 10 Cumulative Update - Black Screen Spinning Wheel Pre-login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Cumulative Update - Black Screen Spinning Wheel Pre-login: HI all, Looking for some help with an issue with Cumulative Updates on Windows 10 for a random selection of machines. Basically we have a selection of 100s out of 1000s of Windows 10 machines with different hardware models and OS versions that black screen on reboot...
  9. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen: I have an HP Folio G1 laptop, which has a fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1803 Build 17134.407. The only option on the login screen is for password. Both the pin and biometic (fingerprint) have disappeared. I'm not exactly sure when this has happened,...
  10. Blue spinning pin wheel, program not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue spinning pin wheel, program not responding?: For the last three weeks or so I have been getting the blue spinning pin wheel popping up next to my mouse cursor intermittently during general desktop activity an it is rather irritating. I understand that this may be a program not responding. I am trying to capture the...