Windows 10: Windows Hello for Business not activating

Discus and support Windows Hello for Business not activating in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Hybrid Azure AD environment in my company. We have chosen the Windows Hello for Business key trust model and Carefully followed the following... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Muhammad Shiraz AlamKhan, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Windows Hello for Business not activating

I have a Hybrid Azure AD environment in my company. We have chosen the Windows Hello for Business key trust model and Carefully followed the following guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-hybrid-key-whfb-settings

Let me also give some details about our environment:

• Windows Server 2019 DC
    • Azure Active directory with Endpoint manager
    • Windows 10 Pro 20H2
    • Intune Policy for Windows Hello for Business

Still now we have no prompt for activating PIN or Biometric by Windows Hello for Business! after checking the event log Event Viewer > Applications and Service Logs\Microsoft\Windows\User Device Registration\Admin I found these event id's:

359:

Windows Hello for Business provisioning has encountered an error during policy evaluation.

ExitCode: The system cannot find the file specified.

Method: DmIsNgcCertPayloadReceived

See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=832647 for more details

360:

Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.

Device is AAD joined AADJ or DJ++ : Yes

User has logged on with AAD credentials: No

Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Yes

Windows Hello for Business post-logon provisioning is enabled: Yes

Local computer meets Windows hello for business hardware requirements: Yes

User is not connected to the machine via Remote Desktop: Yes

User certificate for on premise auth policy is enabled: Yes

Machine is governed by mobile device management policy.

See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=832647 for more details.

361:

MDM user certificate enrollment is ready: Error

Certificate enrollment method: mobile device management

See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=832647 for more details

362:

Enterprise user logon certificate enrollment endpoint is ready: Not Tested

Enterprise user logon certificate template is : Not Tested

User has successfully authenticated to the enterprise STS: Not Tested

Certificate enrollment method: mobile device management

:)

Muhammad Shiraz AlamKhan, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 Hello for Business with Physical Smartcard and roaming uses across shared PC's

Hi Rosenbrier,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

With the recent ratification of security keys by FIDO, Windows Hello allows security authentication for shared devices that allows full roaming experience. For more information, I would suggest you to refer to the article
    Windows Hello and FIDO2 Security Keys enable secure and easy authentication for shared
    devices
    and see if it helps.

If you have any further query regarding the same, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    IT Pro TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals well equipped with the
    knowledge on Windows Hello for Business.

Additional Info:

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 25, 2021
  3. windows hello business errors

In setup the Windows Hello isn't available on this device. camera active and works with other programs.

Getting errors in event logs that hello business can't connect. What is happening here?

asdfghjkl;, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Windows Hello for Business not activating

Can't disable Windows Hello for Business

I receive this error in Event Viewer whenever I boot Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.309.

Device is AAD joined ( AADJ or DJ++ ): Not Tested

Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Not Tested

Local computer meets Windows hello for business hardware requirements: Not Tested

User certificate for on premise auth policy is enabled: Not Tested

Machine is governed by none policy.

I tried the following suggestion:

"Type gpedit.msc Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Passport for Work OR Windows Hello for Business Edit "Use Microsoft Passport for Work" OR "Use Windows Hello for Business" and set it to disabled."

I checked the registry and \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PassportForWork Enabled is set to 0.

I am using the Administrator account.

The error continues at every bootup.

Thank you.

Ted Harris 600, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello for Business not activating

1. Windows Hello for Business not activating - Similar Threads - Hello Business activating

2. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello for Business: We are piloting Windows Hello for Business on laptops running Windows 10 21H2. Hello is configured to used Cloud Hybrid Trust recommended and for the majority of the 70 users trialling all is good. What is now hard to ignore is 2 users have randomly hit an intermittent issue...
  3. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello for Business: We are piloting Windows Hello for Business on laptops running Windows 10 21H2. Hello is configured to used Cloud Hybrid Trust recommended and for the majority of the 70 users trialling all is good. What is now hard to ignore is 2 users have randomly hit an intermittent issue...
  4. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows hello for business

Windows hello for business: Hi all. I'm hoping there is a simple solution to this. What I want to do is implement Windows Hello and STILL use a password with it. I have a need for 2FA. But everything I've read so far has Windows Hello taking the place of a password. When I still need that 2FA.so, the...
  6. Windows hello for business

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows hello for business: Hi all. I'm hoping there is a simple solution to this. What I want to do is implement Windows Hello and STILL use a password with it. I have a need for 2FA. But everything I've read so far has Windows Hello taking the place of a password. When I still need that 2FA.so, the...
  7. Windows Hello for Business

Windows Hello for Business: Even with Windows Hello enforced via policy in Microsoft Intune, users can still sign in via single authentication using their password. I am currently testing if Windows Hello for Business is a viable MFA or Passwordless solution. Is there a way to make users use their...
  8. Windows hello for business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello for business: where do I find the newest documentation on hello for business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-for-business/65cbde06-638c-4cfc-aa81-d05e1484921b
  9. Windows hello for business

Windows hello for business: where do I find the newest documentation on hello for business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-for-business/65cbde06-638c-4cfc-aa81-d05e1484921b
  10. Windows hello for business

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello for business event logs

2. aadj or dj