Windows 10: Windows Hello for Business - Remote Desktop Issues

Discus and support Windows Hello for Business - Remote Desktop Issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, We are consultants doing functional testing on a client application. We have to remote desktop from our company laptop into client servers to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Christopher.M, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Windows Hello for Business - Remote Desktop Issues

Hello,

We are consultants doing functional testing on a client application. We have to remote desktop from our company laptop into client servers to execute the test and somehow our laptop credentials are being asked for within the remote desktop session on client machines.

It should be asking for active directory authentication to a different client domain but instead we are being asked for the Windows Hello for Business PIN from the company laptop that we are remoting in from.

This does not happen when the client does the same from their laptops.

Has anyone run into this or found a way around it?

Thanks.

:)

Christopher.M, Dec 10, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    how do you fix remote desktop services is currently busy

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues with Remote desktop connection.

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    Remote Desktop Service is currently busy
    and see if it helps.

However, as you are using Remote Desktop connection, we do have a dedicated forum where we support issues related to Remote Desktop. Let me help you in pointing towards the right direction, I suggest you
    to post your query on TechNet forums,
    where we have support professionals with expertise on Remote Desktop.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows Hello for Business - Remote Desktop Issues

Remote Desktop Issue

Hello,

Here are the ways to resolve the issue with Remote Desktop.

Method 1. Check your Internet connection, to troubleshoot check this

link

Method 2. Change the Firewall Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Windows Firewall.
    • Click Allow an app or feature trough Windows Firewall.
    • Click Change Settings.
    • Find and check Remote Desktop.

Windows Hello for Business - Remote Desktop Issues 910af749-d174-459b-b967-2b5ea04eff67.jpg
    Method 3. Allowed your remote connections.

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow Remote connections to your computer.
    • Click Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello for Business - Remote Desktop Issues

1. Windows Hello for Business - Remote Desktop Issues - Similar Threads - Hello Business Remote

2. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello for Business: We are piloting Windows Hello for Business on laptops running Windows 10 21H2. Hello is configured to used Cloud Hybrid Trust recommended and for the majority of the 70 users trialling all is good. What is now hard to ignore is 2 users have randomly hit an intermittent issue...
  3. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello for Business: We are piloting Windows Hello for Business on laptops running Windows 10 21H2. Hello is configured to used Cloud Hybrid Trust recommended and for the majority of the 70 users trialling all is good. What is now hard to ignore is 2 users have randomly hit an intermittent issue...
  4. Windows Hello for Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello for Business: Even with Windows Hello enforced via policy in Microsoft Intune, users can still sign in via single authentication using their password. I am currently testing if Windows Hello for Business is a viable MFA or Passwordless solution. Is there a way to make users use their...
  5. Windows hello for business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello for business: where do I find the newest documentation on hello for business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-for-business/65cbde06-638c-4cfc-aa81-d05e1484921b
  6. Windows hello for business

Windows hello for business: where do I find the newest documentation on hello for business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-for-business/65cbde06-638c-4cfc-aa81-d05e1484921b
  7. Windows hello for business

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  9. Remote desktop issue

Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  10. Windows Remote Desktop Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Issue: I seem to be having a issue with Windows firewall. I have narrowed it down to Windows firewall being the culprit, because if I disable it I'm able to make a successful connection but as soon as I turn it on I am unable to do so. I have searched the issue on the Internet and...