Windows 10: Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

Discus and support Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joeysh, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Joeysh Win User

Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X.

After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader.

This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time (something random), on a subsequent login (even without restarting, just locking the device or putting it to sleep), the fingerprint option disappears from Windows hello (other options, like pin, stays).

If I re-enroll my fingerprints, the option returns, again for a random time span.

Any help and direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Joeysh, Jan 11, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309 Leaked-Windows-8-1-Build-Reveals-Fingerprint-Login-Screenshot.png

Word is that Microsoft will introduce fingerprint support in Windows 8.1, but the company has remained completely tight-lipped on the feature lineup of its next OS.

A new screenshot that reached the web a few hours ago reveals that Microsoft is indeed working on fingerprint authentication for Windows 8.1, even though it’s not yet clear if such an option would also be available in the stable build of the OS or not.

According to WinBeta.org, fingerprint support has been spotted in a recently-leaked development build of Windows 8.1, so chances are that it’s actually the preview version to be released in June.

As you most likely heard, Microsoft would unveil the first public beta of the Windows 8 update next month at the BUILD developer conference, while the stable release is expected later this year.

Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

micropage7, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

Windows Hello Fingerprint problem

After the latest Windows update (insider, slow ring, but I can't remember the build) I've experienced some instabilities and reverted the update to Build 1607 - 14393.0 x64. From this point, I can't access nor can I re-activate the Fingerprint sign-in. When
    I go to Settings - Sign-in options - Windows Hello - Fingerprint Set up and then try to enter a new fingerprint, I got an error message (Something went wrong, close Windows hello and try it again). There is a fingerprint registered, but I can't even delete
    it. Also, FIngerprint login does now show up as an option in the logon screen.

The driver is recognized in Device Manager, but I've reinstaled it, as I saw somewhere it can be a solution. But it does not work.

My Notebook is a Dell Vostro 5470 - A50.

Someone can help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Paulo Airaghi, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

1. Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309 - Similar Threads - Hello forgets fingerprint

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working: I have no idea what went wrong. It stopped working a few day ago with no noticeable change. Just went in and tried to reprogram it in because maybe my fingerprint changed or something crazy like that?? So I go to touch it, it gets to the 'touch the scanner again' screen and...
  3. Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.: Whenever I swipe my finger on scanner, It says "Something went wrong on our end, please try again". I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but couldn't fix the problem. I also kept "Allow the computer to turn off this device" unchecked in "power management". [ATTACH]...
  4. about windows 10 Hello

about windows 10 Hello: I want to know if the reason I cant get the new Hello, is because my pc has no camera or finger printscanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-windows-10-hello/72c9a764-18db-4172-ad71-0993f9ea6959
  5. Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.

Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.: I checked the device manager it said working properly. so I go to setup my fingerprint and it is not available to detect my fingerprint on this device. I have tried other product. It used to work fine. Now it won't work after I updated the new version of windows. Is there...
  6. windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup: win10 enterprise - new machine that i'm setting up - xps 9560. so - if i try to set up a fingerprint, i just get a flash screen of something opening/closing - too fast to screen-capture or see. yes, i have the synaptics drivers and they appear to be working by device...
  7. Fingerprint windows hello

Fingerprint windows hello: Just got a new HP envy 13. I am trying to set up fingerprint reading login in Windows Hello. I click set up then get started on the next menu, the get started button disappears and the menu remains and doesn't change. I have set up a pin and password and it doesn't prompt me...
  8. Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore: I had to go back to an earlier version of windows because I could not get it to work. Bad update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-disappeared-fingerprint-not-working/1d45496b-b73d-4f69-805e-8a4873b0c9b4"
  9. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...: I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option. This happened once before...
  10. Windows hello fingerprint not working on fresh boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows hello fingerprint not working on fresh boot: fingerprint reader is not working on fresh boot...it will only work if i restart or wake up after sleep the fingerprint is in the sign in option but reader is not working after restart or wake up the fingerprint reader is working fine.. for additional info i am not using...