Windows 10: Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

Discus and support Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joeysh, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Joeysh Win User

Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X.

After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader.

This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time (something random), on a subsequent login (even without restarting, just locking the device or putting it to sleep), the fingerprint option disappears from Windows hello (other options, like pin, stays).

If I re-enroll my fingerprints, the option returns, again for a random time span.

Any help and direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Joeysh, Jan 11, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309 Leaked-Windows-8-1-Build-Reveals-Fingerprint-Login-Screenshot.png

Word is that Microsoft will introduce fingerprint support in Windows 8.1, but the company has remained completely tight-lipped on the feature lineup of its next OS.

A new screenshot that reached the web a few hours ago reveals that Microsoft is indeed working on fingerprint authentication for Windows 8.1, even though it’s not yet clear if such an option would also be available in the stable build of the OS or not.

According to WinBeta.org, fingerprint support has been spotted in a recently-leaked development build of Windows 8.1, so chances are that it’s actually the preview version to be released in June.

As you most likely heard, Microsoft would unveil the first public beta of the Windows 8 update next month at the BUILD developer conference, while the stable release is expected later this year.

Leaked Windows 8.1 Build Reveals Fingerprint Login – Screenshot

micropage7, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

Windows Hello Fingerprint problem

After the latest Windows update (insider, slow ring, but I can't remember the build) I've experienced some instabilities and reverted the update to Build 1607 - 14393.0 x64. From this point, I can't access nor can I re-activate the Fingerprint sign-in. When
    I go to Settings - Sign-in options - Windows Hello - Fingerprint Set up and then try to enter a new fingerprint, I got an error message (Something went wrong, close Windows hello and try it again). There is a fingerprint registered, but I can't even delete
    it. Also, FIngerprint login does now show up as an option in the logon screen.

The driver is recognized in Device Manager, but I've reinstaled it, as I saw somewhere it can be a solution. But it does not work.

My Notebook is a Dell Vostro 5470 - A50.

Someone can help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Paulo Airaghi, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

1. Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309 - Similar Threads - Hello forgets fingerprint

2. about hello fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about hello fingerprint: when I try to enable hello fingerprint, the laptop gives me an error Some thing went wrong. Try again later. And the preblem has been since a month or more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-hello-fingerprint/05c54ff0-2257-4bd9-9de2-93688a82be68
  3. about hello fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about hello fingerprint: when I try to enable hello fingerprint, the laptop gives me an error Some thing went wrong. Try again later. And the preblem has been since a month or more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-hello-fingerprint/05c54ff0-2257-4bd9-9de2-93688a82be68
  4. Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Hi, I have a desktop with external fingerprint sensor. The machine is 4 years old and worked with fingerprint unlock and windows 10 since I got it. After updating to Windows 11 about two months ago it worked as well.Since 3 days ago, it seems to completely forget the entire...
  5. Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint

Windows 11 forgets Hello settings - pin and fingerprint: Hi, I have a desktop with external fingerprint sensor. The machine is 4 years old and worked with fingerprint unlock and windows 10 since I got it. After updating to Windows 11 about two months ago it worked as well.Since 3 days ago, it seems to completely forget the entire...
  6. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  7. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  8. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Windows Insider Builds: If I have a Windows Insider Build version of Windows 10, can I go back to the last stable version of Windows 10 while keeping my files and/or apps after the first ten days of usage of the Insider Build version?...
  10. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Windows Insider Builds: If I have a Windows Insider Build version of Windows 10, can I go back to the last stable version of Windows 10 while keeping my files and/or apps after the first ten days of usage of the Insider Build version?...