Windows 10: Windows Hello "freezes" when my face isn't recognized

Discus and support Windows Hello "freezes" when my face isn't recognized in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Sometimes when logging in to my Surface Pro 6, the face recognition doesn't work. No big deal there, it's usually when I'm in bad light or when I don't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JaySimon2, Apr 14, 2020.

1. JaySimon2 Win User

Windows Hello "freezes" when my face isn't recognized

Sometimes when logging in to my Surface Pro 6, the face recognition doesn't work. No big deal there, it's usually when I'm in bad light or when I don't even have the screen pointed at my face but I accidentally move the device or click the keyboard and it tries to locate me to log in. When this happens, Hello will look for me and then say it couldn't recognize me. At this point, I should have the option to enter my PIN or password, but I don't. All the icons are visible for the sign-in options Face, Password, PIN. I can touch them with my pen or finger, or I can even move the cursor and click on them. I can tell it recognizes that I'm clicking them because the icons change color, but the correct action doesn't follow. I can click from one to the other, but it will never try to recognize me again or pop up the password/PIN box and allow me to type. The icons in the lower right corner are visible, and they work. I can change the wi-fi, ease of access options, and sleep/shutdown/restart, but I cannot log in. This has happened at least 10 times now, and no matter what I try, I end up having to restart or shut down. If I put it to sleep either by clicking the icon or tapping my power button, it just wakes back up at that same point. The only thing that works is restarting, which is really annoying if I have programs open. I don't remember when this started I've had the device for 5 months, but it has become more common lately. It doesn't happen every time the face recognition fails.

:)

JaySimon2, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello "freezes" when my face isn't recognized [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

windows hello face problem...

Yes, but not one with the capabilities required. You need one that can see infrared....

Windows Hello face authentication | Microsoft Docs

Thema:

1. Windows Hello "freezes" when my face isn't recognized - Similar Threads - Hello freezes face

2. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face: Spec: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10As the title says, Hello Face does not recognize me. I updated the drivers, deleted my face profile and installed it again. When I try to login it says Couldn't recognize you...
  3. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face: Spec: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10As the title says, Hello Face does not recognize me. I updated the drivers, deleted my face profile and installed it again. When I try to login it says Couldn't recognize you...
  4. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face

Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face: Make and model: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10 ProI try to login using my face but I receive a prompt stating "Couldn't recognize you. Enter your pin." The drivers are updated and I removed my face profile and configured it anew but I still receive the Couldn't recognize you...
  6. Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face: Make and model: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10 ProI try to login using my face but I receive a prompt stating "Couldn't recognize you. Enter your pin." The drivers are updated and I removed my face profile and configured it anew but I still receive the Couldn't recognize you...
  7. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  8. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  9. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face

Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face: Hi, I have a new laptop with an IR camera and I'm unable to complete setup for Windows Hello Face. The IR camera flashes normally, and the camera image is displayed. However, the setup window will not draw a box around my face regardless of ambient light or background....