Windows 10: Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings

Discus and support Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Zenbook Flip and am using Windows 10 Home, version 1903 build 18362.267. My laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor and has ELAN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HeartOfEnder, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings

I have an ASUS Zenbook Flip and am using Windows 10 Home, version 1903 build 18362.267. My laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor and has ELAN SPI FingerPrint Drivers installed.

Windows Hello used to work on my computer with the fingerprint sensor, I had it set up to log me in when I put my finger on the sensor. This even worked after the latest update. However, this morning, I noticed first that the lock screen wouldn't disappear with my fingerprint entry, and would still require my password when I tried to dismiss the lock screen. This happened after waking up from sleep (not after a cold boot).

After logging in with my password, I went into Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and noticed that Windows Hello has completely disappeared. There is still text, however, stating that some options are hidden due to Windows Hello. I can still set up a picture lock and physical security device, as well as change my password, however any trace of Windows Hello (apart from the above message) is gone. I am also completely unable to set a PIN.

I have tried reinstalling the ELAN drivers listed above and restarting multiple times to no avail. I can't keep entering my Microsoft password to log in, it's inefficient and too big a security risk, as is a picture lock, and I don't want to set up a physical key. There is no reason, at present, for this to not work that I can see.

:)

HeartOfEnder, Aug 13, 2019

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 13, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings

1. Windows Hello has completely stopped working, but still hides settings - Similar Threads - Hello has completely

2. My Audio has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio has completely stopped working: No matter how many times I uninstall my audio drivers and restart my laptop, my audio refuses to work. However, when I connect headphones, turn my volume to 100%, and play a very loud song, I can hear a very static version of the song. Please someone help!...
  3. My Audio has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Audio has completely stopped working: No matter how many times I uninstall my audio drivers and restart my laptop, my audio refuses to work. However, when I connect headphones, turn my volume to 100%, and play a very loud song, I can hear a very static version of the song. Please someone help!...
  4. Completely *COMPLETELY 100%* NOT HIDE NOT HIDE NOT HIDE REMOVE MEET NOW!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely *COMPLETELY 100%* NOT HIDE NOT HIDE NOT HIDE REMOVE MEET NOW!: I need to know exactly how to completely remove meet now, not hide it, completely remove it.Please provide all instances within the operating system, registry, shell, whatever. This needs to be completely removed, not hidden, completely removed.Also pass this to the dev team...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner has stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner has stopped working: My Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner has stopped working. Under Sign-in options it says, "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I followed all of the help instructions it...
  6. My hello fingerprint in windows 10 has stopped working

My hello fingerprint in windows 10 has stopped working: My hello fingerprint in windows 10 has stopped working and it says it is not available. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hello-fingerprint-in-windows-10-has-stopped/36504a04-68d9-48f9-ac20-b1f0379c92dc
  7. Windows has stopped working completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has stopped working completely: I'm running Windows 10 on an asus computer and everything was fine for the past several months till i got home today. Suddenly it claims that windows failed to update and takes me to the blue screen with options to fix it. I have restarted the computer, selected to diagnose...
  8. Windows Hello Stopped Working

Windows Hello Stopped Working: Hello, My windows hello functions have stopped working. Under sign-in options all options for Face, PIN, and Fingerprint are now ghosted and I cannot clear, remove, or click on anything. I checked the TPM settings and the "Prepare the TPM" option under the "Action" tab is...
  9. Windows 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.: Hi there, I am having a struggle to get Bluetooth working. After troubleshooting for weeks, installing new drivers and buying two different Bluetooth USB units, there has been no luck. I have tried the troubleshooting tool from Microsoft and it tells me: Check Bluetooth radio...
  10. Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!: OK, I'm in a mess! Today, my Windows 10 install has gone crazy! It will (eventually) boot to desktop, but immediately gives error about 'c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop' is not available....... Nothing is working, there are no normal icons on the task bar,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4512508 pin no work