Windows 10: Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2

Discus and support Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, I was a member of the Insider program on my Surface Book 2 15", but a bug in the recent builds forced me to roll back to the creator's... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mecrog, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Mecrog Win User

Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2

Hi there,

I was a member of the Insider program on my Surface Book 2 15", but a bug in the recent builds forced me to roll back to the creator's update with a fresh install. Most everything is working well now (much better than on the 19H1 builds), except that the ability to use/set up Windows Hello has now disappeared. (It was working perfectly up until I rolled back.) I'm sure that a driver or something is just missing from my computer, but if you can lend any help as to what that is I would be very appreciative.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Byron

:)

Mecrog, Dec 28, 2018
  2. AdyMo Win User

Windows Hello disappear in the Surface book settings in Windows 10.

Original Title[Windows Hello]

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a MS Surface Book (i7, 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM) and I want to use Windows Hello.

The option does not appear in Settings as if it's saying my Surface Book or the camera on my Surface Book does not support Windows Hello?

But, this is the top of the range Surface Book and all the tech forums (including Microsoft forums) say I should be able to see the Windows Hello option in Settings and I should be able to use the Windows Hello option on a laptop with this spec.

Please help?

AdyMo, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2

Windows Hello disappear in the Surface book settings in Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

From the above description, I understand that Windows hello option does not appear in the surface book settings.

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Surface with just a look or a touch. The front-facing camera on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book recognizes your face and iris, allowing you to sign in to Windows 10 without
    having to touch the screen or keyboard. Or, if you have a Surface Pro 4 and a Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID (sold separately), you can use the fingerprint reader on that Cover to sign in with a press of your finger.

I suggest you to follow the methods in the article below and check if it helps:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...n-in-and-accounts/windows-hello?os=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article for reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2

1. Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2 - Similar Threads - Hello has disappeared

2. Windows Hello stopped working on my Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello stopped working on my Surface Book 2: My Surface book 2 running Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎2/‎24/‎2021 OS build 19042.844 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 no longer does Windows Hello. TPM is fully activated and the drivers for Windows Hello are the latest....
  3. Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working: Hello all I have a surface book 2 and all of a sudden the windows Hello camera has stopped logging me on. The acutal camera is working but Hello is not. I have tried to remove fascial data but when I try to set it back up, camera and my face comes on the screen but all...
  4. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  5. Surface Book 2, Cannot turn on Camera with Windows Hello

Surface Book 2, Cannot turn on Camera with Windows Hello: I have a Surface Book 2. When I wake it from sleep to the Windows Hello screen it frequently errors, saying it couldn't turn on the camera. I can then click on "sign in options" and select facial recognition from there, which works. All my drivers are up to date. I have it...
  6. Surface Book 2 Login

Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  7. Surface book 2 GTX 1050 gpu disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface book 2 GTX 1050 gpu disappearing: I am aware this is a widespread issue among the SB2 community. I have tried everything I can find including detaching and booting into UEFI then installing older drivers, installing older and insider versions of windows 10, and a complete wipe of the device. I still am having...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  10. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface book 2 windows hello

2. surface book 2 camera windows hello missing

3. windows hello surface book 2

4. microsoft.cohttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement,
  5. windows hello drivers missing surface book,
  6. surface book 2 hello face,
  7. windows hello driver surfqce book 2,
  8. surfacebook2 1903 firmware update MS Hello,
  9. surface book 2 hello,
  10. surface book 2 hello face issues,
  11. surface book 2 camera compatable with windows hello,
  12. windows hello not working on surface book 2,
  13. surface hello face no white box,
  14. surface book 2 drivers windows hello face,
  15. is there fingerprint in Surface Book ?