Windows 10: Windows Hello has lost my camera

Discus and support Windows Hello has lost my camera in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been happily using Windows Hello Face to log in for the last year or two Dell XPS 9370, but its stopped working in the last couple of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lj247, Feb 13, 2020.

1. lj247 Win User

Windows Hello has lost my camera

Hi all,

I've been happily using Windows Hello Face to log in for the last year or two Dell XPS 9370, but its stopped working in the last couple of days.

When I go into the sign-in options it says "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face".

I've tried updating, uninstalling and reinstalling my camera drivers the camera works just fine in the camera app with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

lj247, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Windows Hello has lost my camera

windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello has lost my camera

1. Windows Hello has lost my camera - Similar Threads - Hello has lost

2. Delay windows Hello face recognition so my camera has time to turn on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delay windows Hello face recognition so my camera has time to turn on: Hi,Is there a way to delay or extend the face reconition time so my external camera Lenovo Performance RGB has time to load? It's a matter of seconds missing, and I almost always get a message "unable to use face recognition", but if I go in and retry face reconition, works...
  3. Delay windows Hello face recognition so my camera has time to turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delay windows Hello face recognition so my camera has time to turn on: Hi,Is there a way to delay or extend the face reconition time so my external camera Lenovo Performance RGB has time to load? It's a matter of seconds missing, and I almost always get a message "unable to use face recognition", but if I go in and retry face reconition, works...
  4. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  5. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  6. Windows Hello Camera

7. windows hello camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hello camera: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera/af04c1eb-0da2-4585-8fdc-605f53e76c07
  8. Hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello camera: Microsoft created the facial recognition program hello So far so good But they forgot to deliver the hardware for it The cameras they sell are not compatible with hello You must use a camera from another brand.... I think that's stupid So come on microsoft show your...
  9. Windows Hello can't detect my camera

Windows Hello can't detect my camera: I have a brand new Thinkpad T480S running Windows 10. I tried to enable face sign in and I got an error saying it couldn't tunr on teh camera. Now I don't see the face sign in option under Windows Hello. Any idea how to get it back? Thanks Joe...
  10. windows hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello camera: Hi after an update my windows hello cannot start the camera to sign in I must use a pin. Any answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-camera/ab48a021-e9c4-4407-808f-e971d2dc364c"