Windows 10: Windows Hello has lost my camera

Discus and support Windows Hello has lost my camera in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been happily using Windows Hello Face to log in for the last year or two Dell XPS 9370, but its stopped working in the last couple of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lj247, Feb 13, 2020 at 6:52 AM.

1. lj247 Win User

Windows Hello has lost my camera

Hi all,

I've been happily using Windows Hello Face to log in for the last year or two Dell XPS 9370, but its stopped working in the last couple of days.

When I go into the sign-in options it says "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face".

I've tried updating, uninstalling and reinstalling my camera drivers the camera works just fine in the camera app with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

4. Windows Hello has lost my camera

windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Thema:

Windows Hello has lost my camera

1. Windows Hello has lost my camera - Similar Threads - Hello has lost

2. Windows hello on external camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello on external camera: Hi, i have a Surface Laptop 3 that i have connected to an external monitor using USB-C on both ends. The monitor is a Philips Brilliance 499P and it has a built in camera that is Windows Hello Compatible. The problem is that i am not able to set the built in camera as...
  3. Windows Hello Face Camera

Windows Hello Face Camera: I just got a new MSI Prestige 14 that supports windows hello (fingerprint and IR Camera). I wasn't able to setup the camera but I could setup fingerprint. When I initially setup windows (initial bootup on a new device) the computer prompted me to setup camera (face). It...
  4. Windows Hello can't detect my camera

Windows Hello can't detect my camera: I have a brand new Thinkpad T480S running Windows 10. I tried to enable face sign in and I got an error saying it couldn't tunr on teh camera. Now I don't see the face sign in option under Windows Hello. Any idea how to get it back? Thanks Joe...
  5. How to select camera for Windows Hello

How to select camera for Windows Hello: Hello everyone, I have recently installed a Windows Hello webcam in both my HP laptop and in my Philips monitor. Now Windows Hello always uses the camera in my laptop. How do I ensure that he uses the webcam from the monitor if the other is not available (laptop screen is...
  6. Windows Hello camera timeout

Windows Hello camera timeout: This post piggybacks this one I found from a while back: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-stopped-defaulting-to-camera/46766739-78f0-4ebd-927d-12a21f7c162f I have a desktop with a third-party Windows Hello compatible camera. I cannot, for...
  7. Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera"

Windows Hello "could not turn on the camera": I have recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition webcam with the intention to use this for Windows Hello face recognition login. However, I have been unable to get this feature to work, I just get the message "Sorry, something went wrong Couldn't turn on the...
  8. Camera not working for windows hello

Camera not working for windows hello: My camera stopped working a few days ago. I wasn't able to log-in using Windows Hello and the camera app wasn't working either. I looked for a solution online and based on an answer on this website added a file in the registry. This fixed the camera app but not Windows Hello....
  9. windows camera lost colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows camera lost colour: i went on my camera app the other day and it wasnt showing colour? its not fully black and white it has a little hint of green in some places. how do i make my camera normal again??...
  10. windows hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello camera: Hi after an update my windows hello cannot start the camera to sign in I must use a pin. Any answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-camera/ab48a021-e9c4-4407-808f-e971d2dc364c"