Windows 10: windows hello: I don't have a camera or fingerprint device on my pc

Discus and support windows hello: I don't have a camera or fingerprint device on my pc in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows hello was working on my pc until recently. I don't have a camera or fingerprint device on my pc. I was using the pin for windows hello it is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by hank1111, Feb 12, 2019.

1. hank1111 Win User

windows hello: I don't have a camera or fingerprint device on my pc

Windows hello was working on my pc until recently. I don't have a camera or fingerprint device on my pc. I was using the pin for windows hello it is no longer popping as an option. Hope someone can help. I have a surface pro 4 also and the windows hello is working on that.

:)

hank1111, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

windows hello

Hello,

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Windows 10 devices with just a look or a touch. It uses biometric sensors to recognize your face or fingerprint instantly and unlocks your device without needing a password. Kindly follow these steps to
    get started with using Windows Hello to your Windows 10 device:

• Select the Start button.
    • Select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options to set up Windows Hello.
    • Under Windows Hello, you’ll see options for face, fingerprint, or iris if your PC has a fingerprint reader or a camera that supports it. Once you’re set up, you’ll be able to sign in with a quick swipe or glance.

If the option above is not available, you need to have a compatible fingerprint reader or camera device that is supported by Windows Hello.

Kindly refer to this support article for more information about:
    What is Windows Hello?

Ferdz Amp, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

Hi TouhaZohair,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologize for the delay in reply.

Method 1: Update Chipset and Biometric Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

I would suggest you to refer the computer manufacturer’ website, and install the latest chipset and biometric drivers for the device. If you do not find the drivers on website, then you can contact the Manufacturer to get the compatible
    drivers.

Method 2: Remove and Add Fingerprint Options

Step 1: Remove Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click
      Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click
      Remove button
    3. Then Reboot your PC.

Step 2: Add Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click Add button
    3. Sign-out and sign-in to the
      Microsoft Account

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. windows hello: I don't have a camera or fingerprint device on my pc - Similar Threads - hello don't camera

2. the driver for my pc is missing . or pc don't have a buil in camera. the camera app I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the driver for my pc is missing . or pc don't have a buil in camera. the camera app I can...: driver for camera is missng on my windows 10.I have searched for on device manager and is not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-driver-for-my-pc-is-missing-or-pc-dont-have-a/6bb327f2-6f0a-4cac-9f42-6e4ae4d631ad
  3. the driver for my pc is missing . or pc don't have a buil in camera. the camera app I can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the driver for my pc is missing . or pc don't have a buil in camera. the camera app I can...: driver for camera is missng on my windows 10.I have searched for on device manager and is not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-driver-for-my-pc-is-missing-or-pc-dont-have-a/6bb327f2-6f0a-4cac-9f42-6e4ae4d631ad
  4. the driver for my pc is missing . or pc don't have a buil in camera. the camera app I can...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hello i have an issue with fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i have an issue with fingerprint sensor: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to turn on the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin...
  6. windows fingerprint does not accept the fingerprint device i have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fingerprint does not accept the fingerprint device i have: the fingerprint i have is under name AuthenTec Inc. AES2810 but im having this message in screenshot below.is there any way to make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fingerprint-does-not-accept-the/7085cc36-3bd7-4915-9128-9cf69e6102d7
  7. windows fingerprint does not accept the fingerprint device i have

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fingerprint does not accept the fingerprint device i have: the fingerprint i have is under name AuthenTec Inc. AES2810 but im having this message in screenshot below.is there any way to make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fingerprint-does-not-accept-the/7085cc36-3bd7-4915-9128-9cf69e6102d7
  8. Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint: Every time I redo it, it always goes fine until up to the last two bars, then it just stops working [ATTACH] It goes up to this area every single time...
  9. Fingerprint login no longer working and says I don't have camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint login no longer working and says I don't have camera: Today, my laptop has decided I cannot sign in with finger print. I checked into settings and says this option not available. Also noticed that it says I do not have a camera now. Please help! Thanks...
  10. I don't have a camera in my device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don't have a camera in my device manager: The camera says we can't find your camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-camera-in-my-device-manager/5a399f76-82ce-488f-8feb-835d9bb463c1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if my device doesnt have camera or fingerprint reader microsoft hello

2. latest windows update Feb.12 2019 loses my fingerprint