Windows 10: Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, I wish to set up windows hello for microsoft edge with the aim of using biometrics rather than the traditional password when signing in to some... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Daniel ZakBorg, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge

Hi all, I wish to set up windows hello for microsoft edge with the aim of using biometrics rather than the traditional password when signing in to some websites. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do it please?

Thanks in advance

:)

Daniel ZakBorg, Jun 8, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge

1. Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Hello Microsoft Edge

2. Windows 11 - Windows Hello Fingerprint for Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Hello Fingerprint for Edge: Hello,We use Active Directory for out computers in the office to connect to our domain. I am able to log in to Windows using my fingerprint reader, however, when I am in edge and want to view a saved password, I do not get the option to use my fingerprint like I do with my...
  3. Windows 11 - Windows Hello Fingerprint for Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Windows Hello Fingerprint for Edge: Hello,We use Active Directory for out computers in the office to connect to our domain. I am able to log in to Windows using my fingerprint reader, however, when I am in edge and want to view a saved password, I do not get the option to use my fingerprint like I do with my...
  4. Microsoft hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft hello: fingerprint scanner not found message and wont allow removal or setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-hello/d7c38717-1b79-4c6a-8f9c-8fdf4db67e74
  5. Microsoft Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Hello: I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and I can log into her account with her pin, but when I try to set up Hello, it says the pin is wrong. The Hello option keeps...
  6. Microsoft Hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Hello: Hey So I've got the problem that my PC asks me to give my password when I turn on the computer to use it. It was ok till today, now the windows wants me to give my password to Microsoft Hello for the faster login. After I add it, the windows tells me that it can't check the...
  7. Microsoft brings Windows Hello support for its Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings Windows Hello support for its Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft has started pushing out Windows Hello support for its web browser, Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 users. The users will now be allowed to log into websites with the help of Windows Hello. Windows Hello helps users to log in to the website by signing in with faces,...
  8. Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android

in Browsers and Email
    Hello from Microsoft Edge on Android: Since it seems Windows Phone is near death I decided to try all kind of Microsoft Apps written for Android. Now Edge is in turn. Actually I am writing this post using Edge on Android. I love this browser. Works really well for me. It would be great if we could share...
  9. Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge: How to: Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge How to Set Up Windows Hello to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PC sign in to your device on the lock screen and sign in to your Microsoft account on the web....
  10. A world without passwords: Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    A world without passwords: Windows Hello in Microsoft Edge: At Build 2016, we announced that Microsoft Edge is the first browser to natively support Windows Hello as a more personal, seamless, and secure way to authenticate on the web. This experience is powered by an early implementation of the Web Authentication (formerly FIDO 2.0)...