Windows 10: windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam

Discus and support windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new laptop and in setting it up it downloaded Windows 11, which I set up nicely. All good - except I use an external monitor, mouse, keyboard,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rlfny1, Dec 6, 2021.

1. rlfny1 Win User

windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam

I have a new laptop and in setting it up it downloaded Windows 11, which I set up nicely. All good - except I use an external monitor, mouse, keyboard, webcam when not travelling. The webcam does not work with windows hello. Even though I set it up as the default camera, when I start up windows, the windows hello screen appears and the camera lights on the laptop itself flash - and that camera recognizes my face, but not the webcam on the external monitor. Can I get the external webcam I have mounted on my external monitor to recognize my face? As I said, other than for Windows hello that exte

:)

rlfny1, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 6, 2021
  4. windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam

Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam

1. windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam - Similar Threads - hello working external

2. Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam: I have to open the lid of my laptop every time I sign in using Windows Hello. It appears that this issue is several years old and Microsoft has not still fixed it?...
  3. Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam: I have to open the lid of my laptop every time I sign in using Windows Hello. It appears that this issue is several years old and Microsoft has not still fixed it?...
  4. windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam

windows hello in windows 11 not working on external webcam: I have a new laptop and in setting it up it downloaded Windows 11, which I set up nicely. All good - except I use an external monitor, mouse, keyboard, webcam when not travelling. The webcam does not work with windows hello. Even though I set it up as the default camera, when...
  5. Lenovo External Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo External Webcam not working: My Lenovo 300 FHD Webcam has stopped working since Saturday. The Device Manager now says Vimicro USB Camera 358boot under 'Cameras', as opposed to the earlier "Lenovo FHD Webcam". Not sure how to solve this. I tried multiple online solutions - Privacy is set to allow for the...
  6. Lenovo External Webcam not working

Lenovo External Webcam not working: My Lenovo 300 FHD Webcam has stopped working since Saturday. The Device Manager now says Vimicro USB Camera 358boot under 'Cameras', as opposed to the earlier "Lenovo FHD Webcam". Not sure how to solve this. I tried multiple online solutions - Privacy is set to allow for the...
  7. Lenovo External Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. External Webcam stopped working

External Webcam stopped working: My webcam was working fine, I went for a 15 min break came back and it will no longer show images, it shows it is still getting power, as well the mic that is built in keeps flashing as though it is connecting and disconnecting. In device manager there is no camera showing in...
  9. Webcam and external speakers not working

Webcam and external speakers not working: I upgraded a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 in January. Since then my speakers and Creative webcam have not worked. Do I need new drivers or new hardware and how do I determine?...
  10. webcam /windows hello

webcam /windows hello: When trying to open webcam, or set up windows hello receiving this error code 0xa00f4249(0XC00D5212) it's an Alienware 17r4 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/webcam-windows-hello/e35a48f3-e179-4b7b-a74a-9aff447c2c60

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external camera wibdows 11 hello not showing