Windows 10: Windows Hello is limiting my sign-in options; i cant even change my fingerprints

Discus and support Windows Hello is limiting my sign-in options; i cant even change my fingerprints in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello all, The laptop is mine but the above seems to indicate that the laptop belongs to an organisation which is controlling my sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnLiow, Aug 4, 2019.

1. JohnLiow Win User

Windows Hello is limiting my sign-in options; i cant even change my fingerprints

Windows Hello is limiting my sign-in options; i cant even change my fingerprints b313d2f7-f49a-4bfe-acb0-a47e38973d6a?upload=true.jpg

Hello all,

The laptop is mine but the above seems to indicate that the laptop belongs to an organisation which is controlling my sign-in options. I am very frustrated with this because I want to change the way i sign-in but i can't.

Is there a way to disable Windows Hello or at least to give me back the full options please?

Thank you

:)

JohnLiow, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Aug 4, 2019
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

tjc4, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Windows Hello is limiting my sign-in options; i cant even change my fingerprints

Hello Fingerprint startup option windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

We understand that you are unable to sign-in into Windows Hello even after attaching a Bio-metric fingerprint reader. We will certainly help you with this.

We appreciate you for trying all the basic troubleshooting steps to check. Let’s check with different option to fix this.

Sometimes, you may not be able to sign-in into Windows Hello if there is any account corruption. So, we request you to
    create a new Microsoft account and check if it works.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Note: You’ll be able to sign-in into Windows Hello, only if your PC has a fingerprint reader or a camera that supports it. So,
    please check if your system recognizes the fingerprint reader that you have connected before trying to sign-in.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello is limiting my sign-in options; i cant even change my fingerprints

1. Windows Hello is limiting my sign-in options; i cant even change my fingerprints - Similar Threads - Hello limiting sign

2. How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?: When I went to log onto my computer last night my fingerprint sensor said, sorry something went wrong. So I went to use my PIN instead. But something was wrong with that as well so I had to reset my pin before I could log in. Once I had logged in I decided to remove my...
  3. How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?: When I went to log onto my computer last night my fingerprint sensor said, sorry something went wrong. So I went to use my PIN instead. But something was wrong with that as well so I had to reset my pin before I could log in. Once I had logged in I decided to remove my...
  4. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  5. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  6. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  7. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  8. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.

windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my DELL vostro 3400 is not working. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to Automatic...
  10. I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option: I was able to use my fingerprint sign in option up until three days ago. It says that face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device....