Windows 10: Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

Discus and support Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; probably because I don't have a camera compatible with windows face. How do I change it so I don't have to log in every time my computer goes to sleep?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by fix my prpblem, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

probably because I don't have a camera compatible with windows face. How do I change it so I don't have to log in every time my computer goes to sleep?

:)

fix my prpblem, Sep 29, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

Hello, *Smile

If the Require sign-in setting is grayed out with a Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown message, it means it is not possible to change the Require sign-in setting in option 1 below while Windows Hello (ex: face) is enabled since it is assumed you want to use Windows Hello to sign in every time.

If you do not want to remove your Windows Hello Face for example to be able to use option 1 above, you could use option 5 or 6 below to set the Require sign-in setting via policy instead.

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Brink, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it set for a longer time iirc because it's in a home setting, but when I go to Sign-in options now it tells me:

"Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." (screen capture attached)

(and it's stuck on "Every Time").

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17618.1000)

surfer2938, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

Hi that's strange because I always download updates and it currently says there are no updates available for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I guess I'm a little confused about Hello does, and whether I should sign in with my Microsoft account or a local one?

At some point I'll try deactivating Hello and see what happens (annoyed that I'll have to redo my fingerprints, I did three or so for each of multiple fingers to increase the chances of recognition.

surfer2938, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

1. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in - Similar Threads - hello preventing changing

2. Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable: When I access my computer I have to attempt to reset my pin but the action always fails making logging into my computer slow and inconvenient. There is a separate but maybe related issue that after my computer goes into sleep mode the sound does not come back on....
  3. Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable: When I access my computer I have to attempt to reset my pin but the action always fails making logging into my computer slow and inconvenient. There is a separate but maybe related issue that after my computer goes into sleep mode the sound does not come back on....
  4. Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Unable to change the Require sign-in option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the Require sign-in option: My Sign-in options in Settings/Accounts is as below:The Require sign-in dropdown is set to Every Time and I am unable to change it. How can I change it?I am using Windows 10 Pro. Is there a security policy somewhere overriding this?...
  6. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in: I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it set for a longer time iirc because it's in a home setting, but when I go to Sign-in options now it tells me: "Windows Hello...
  7. How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the...: Hello everyone, I searched for this issue but was unable to find any posted enquiry. I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit laptop that keeps changing the 'Require sign-in' option from 'When PC wakes up from sleep' to 'Never'. This is a constant concern for me because since this is...
  8. "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Windows Hello is preventing me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Windows Hello is preventing me...: Ever since I had a Windows BIOS update, Windows Hello has grayed out the option that controls the frequency at which my computer (Thinkpad x1) requires you to enter a password. Instead of my laptop requiring a password every time it now does it randomly and infrequently, is...
  9. Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.

Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.: I can not change the sign-in from EVERYTIME, because Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows. PLease tell me how to fix this, and change from EVERYTIME, I walk away. Also how do I deactivate Windows Hello? What will...
  10. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?: I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient. However I've noticed that the default sign-in option always changes to the one last-used. I am satisfied with the password option...