Windows 10: Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

Discus and support Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago and am already having problems! It is an hp Envy I rarely take my laptop away from the house, so I don't want to use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alix1122, May 3, 2020.

1. alix1122 Win User

Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

I bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago and am already having problems! It is an hp Envy

I rarely take my laptop away from the house, so I don't want to use a password to log on, I just want to open my laptop and be able to use it. However, when I go onto sing-in options to choose when it requires a sign-in, there is a red sentence that says: Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed. I have tried a number of ways to get rid of this, and they haven't worked. So I left it, and was fine with using the fingerprint scanner, which worked fine. However, 2 days ago, the fingerprint scanner stopped working for absolutely no reason. I cannot turn it back on because now it says that windows hello cannot find a fingerprint scanner to connect to, even though there is one built into the computer!!

So now, I have disabled windows hello by going into the regedit and following various steps to make the value of something 0 instead of 1. And it looks like windows hello is disabled, except that it still says "Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed", and it won't let me turn the password off!

Please help me I'm going to go mad.

Edit: I also want to say that I've been using a new usb mouse with the computer, and that has also stopped working today code 43 or something - could that have something to do with this too?

:)

alix1122, May 3, 2020

2. windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed - what does this mean? im having problems with my password and passcode, does anyone have any idea whats going on? I am using a surface pro 6

AmerjitKalam, May 3, 2020
  3. Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. It is in red.

Hi Jessica,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. Since this thread was already posted for a while now, we want to know if this issue still persists or is it already been resolved?

As a reference, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided by Freminta and Barb Bowman
    on how to troubleshoot "Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" error message.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

1. Windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed - Similar Threads - hello preventing options

2. Windows hello preventing some options from being shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello preventing some options from being shown: Hello,I wanted to ask about how to solve this greyed out button shown in the photoThe computer was set to a user first let's say it's user A, this option was activeI created another user User B, this option was inactiveboth users were administratorsI copied local app data...
  3. Windows hello preventing some options from being shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello preventing some options from being shown: Hello,I wanted to ask about how to solve this greyed out button shown in the photoThe computer was set to a user first let's say it's user A, this option was activeI created another user User B, this option was inactiveboth users were administratorsI copied local app data...
  4. Windows hello preventing some options from being shown

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows hello is preventing some options from being shown

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello is preventing some options from being shown: hello my name gourav i have hp laptop 15s du3032tu i am faceproblem from window hello it showing window hello is preventing some options from being shown can you help me to solve it out i want to use facelock but it not working so plz help me...
  6. <Windows Hello is preventing some options from being displayed>

<Windows Hello is preventing some options from being displayed>: I've got an error message in Settings Sign in Options sitting below "Require Sign In" in red <Windows Hello is preventing some options from being displayed> The drop down menu is greyed out and stuck on Every Time. The Help bot doesn't even recognise the error message and I...
  7. windows hello is preventing some options from being shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hello is preventing some options from being shown: HP Envy laptop. I have to sign in every time I use my laptop and cannot change that parameter due to "windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" Please help!...
  8. "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Windows Hello is preventing me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Windows Hello is preventing me...: Ever since I had a Windows BIOS update, Windows Hello has grayed out the option that controls the frequency at which my computer (Thinkpad x1) requires you to enter a password. Instead of my laptop requiring a password every time it now does it randomly and infrequently, is...
  9. windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed: windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed - what does this mean? im having problems with my password and passcode, does anyone have any idea whats going on? I am using a surface pro 6...
  10. windows hello is preventing some options from being shown

windows hello is preventing some options from being shown: My windows hello stopped working after just a couple days on my brand new surface laptop. I get the message in red: "windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" when I go to settings to try to set it back up. Any suggestions? Moved from: Surface / Surface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed