Windows 10: Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.

Discus and support Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can not change the sign-in from EVERYTIME, because Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KHaley1, Nov 6, 2019 at 3:02 PM.

1. KHaley1 Win User

Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.

I can not change the sign-in from EVERYTIME, because

Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.

PLease tell me how to fix this, and change from EVERYTIME, I walk away.

Also how do I deactivate Windows Hello? What will happen?

How do I configure a simple sign in that lasts until I turn off my Dell Inspirion laptop?

:)

2. Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. It is in red.

Hi Jessica,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. Since this thread was already posted for a while now, we want to know if this issue still persists or is it already been resolved?

As a reference, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided by Freminta and Barb Bowman
    on how to troubleshoot "Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" error message.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Nov 6, 2019 at 3:07 PM
  3. DanaBelch Win User
    windows hello is preventing some options from being shown

My windows hello stopped working after just a couple days on my brand new surface laptop. I get the message in red: "windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" when I go to settings to try to set it back up.

Any suggestions?

Moved from: Surface / Surface Laptop / Install, update, and repair

4. bazantik Win User

Thema:

1. Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows. - Similar Threads - hello preventing options

2. Windows Hello Options Missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Options Missing: Hello! I've run into this problem, that, well at least the PIN option (windows hello) has vanished. I don't know if this problem came with the old update or the 1903 update. I discovered the problem when I went to log in to the Windows Store, and it told me my PIN wasn't...
  3. Windows Hello options unavailable

Windows Hello options unavailable: I just reset my Thinkpad X380 to fix a driver issue and now I can't set up a pin or use fingerprint as all the Windows Hello options are greyed out and say currently unavailable. When I click on them I am given a something went wrong message. Also, many settings pages have a...
  4. windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed

windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed: windows hello is preventing some options from being displayed - what does this mean? im having problems with my password and passcode, does anyone have any idea whats going on? I am using a surface pro 6...
  5. Hello sign on option

Hello sign on option: The "Hello" sign in option has gone away after a windows 10 update, how do I get it working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-sign-on-option/5399503e-1b36-4554-859c-ff1542ba0347
  6. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?: I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient. However I've noticed that the default sign-in option always changes to the one last-used. I am satisfied with the password option...
  7. Facial Recognition - Windows Hello Sign-In Option not Working

Facial Recognition - Windows Hello Sign-In Option not Working: After installing a windows update today, I am unable to unlock my laptop using facial recognition or Windows Hello. I have been using Windows Hello since Oct, 2018 but today it shows me the following message in 'Sign-In Settings' page: Windows Hello is not available on this...
  8. windows hello is preventing some options from being shown

windows hello is preventing some options from being shown: My windows hello stopped working after just a couple days on my brand new surface laptop. I get the message in red: "windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" when I go to settings to try to set it back up. Any suggestions? Moved from: Surface / Surface...
  9. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...: I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option. This happened once before...
  10. Windows Hello is not an option in my Sign-in window. Please help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Hello is not an option in my Sign-in window. Please help?: Hi all, just downloaded Windows 10 and was very pleased and happy with it and eager to try out Windows Hello but it doesn't seem to be an option for me? Help please! [img] 9812