Windows 10: Windows Hello is really annoying and my workplace has taken over my personal account.

Discus and support Windows Hello is really annoying and my workplace has taken over my personal account. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; OK so basically today i decided i wanted to get rid of the sign-in PIN for my personal windows account and only be able to log in with fingerprint and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zackmandoesreddit, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows Hello is really annoying and my workplace has taken over my personal account.

OK so basically today i decided i wanted to get rid of the sign-in PIN for my personal windows account and only be able to log in with fingerprint and MS account password on my laptop as i feel that a digits-only four character password is pretty crap right? No big deal, right? Apparently, it is. I go into Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and I get this message when i go to remove the PIN Sign in option 'Sorry - This PIN isn't working for your organisation's resources. Tap or click here to fix it.'. So essentially, my school makes it mandatory to have to sign in with a Hello PIN, ffs. I can't remove my school account because I use it for office 365, which is provided by my school. I saw on a forums post that going to deleting things in the NGC folder works but this was nearly a year ago now and I don't know if it still works. I also can't create a seperate login for my school account, because when i try to login with it to create another login on the lock screen it doesn't recognise it. What I don't understand is how connecting your school or workplace can change or interfere with anything on your personal profile, is it even legal?
    Any help appreciated :'(

submitted by /u/zackmandoesreddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zackmandoesreddit, Oct 20, 2020

2. Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Sign in with a Microsft Workplace account

1. A office 365 workplace account.

2. In settngs where I click "sign in with a mcrosoft account instead of a local account I try to enter the business Microsoft accent but it assumes it's a personal account and will not accept the username and password for,the business account.

3. Microsoft!

hope this is clear.

regards Roddy

Roddy Kilduff (E), Oct 20, 2020
  4. Windows Hello is really annoying and my workplace has taken over my personal account.

Delete workplace account

My workplace account has changed due to a promotion at work and change of title. I now cannot sign into my workplace account in Word and need to either amend the account or delete and set it up again. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Richard t Clarke, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello is really annoying and my workplace has taken over my personal account.

1. Windows Hello is really annoying and my workplace has taken over my personal account. - Similar Threads - Hello really annoying

2. My microsft account has been taken over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsft account has been taken over: Someone has setup their own email and app for 2fa and recovery and i cannot change the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsft-account-has-been-taken-over/55af3974-d3c2-4ae9-bc96-09c9f0448291
  3. My microsft account has been taken over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsft account has been taken over: Someone has setup their own email and app for 2fa and recovery and i cannot change the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsft-account-has-been-taken-over/55af3974-d3c2-4ae9-bc96-09c9f0448291
  4. My microsft account has been taken over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My work account has taken over my Personal computer. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My work account has taken over my Personal computer. How do I stop this?: Ever since I logged into my work account on my personal computer, I have lost control of my settings and features. I tried to disconnect the work account from the accounts tab in the windows settings menu but still no change has availed. How do I stop this and how can I...
  6. My work account has taken over my Personal computer. How do I stop this?

My work account has taken over my Personal computer. How do I stop this?: Ever since I logged into my work account on my personal computer, I have lost control of my settings and features. I tried to disconnect the work account from the accounts tab in the windows settings menu but still no change has availed. How do I stop this and how can I...
  7. My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.: My school account has taken over my personal laptop and i can't sign in to my files. It keeps taking me back to my school account login page and i can't log into that either because my school account has been locked....
  8. My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.: My school account has taken over my personal laptop and i can't sign in to my files. It keeps taking me back to my school account login page and i can't log into that either because my school account has been locked....
  9. My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.

10. Avast has taken over my defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast has taken over my defender: 'Your PC isn't being monitored because the app's service stopped. You should restart it now'. This is what I get any time I open my windows defender ever since Avast Antivirus was installed on my laptop. The Avast Antivirus seems to be the default Antivirus for my laptop...