Windows 10: Windows Hello is requiring me to reset my pin by inputing my pin number, but it won't let...

Discus and support Windows Hello is requiring me to reset my pin by inputing my pin number, but it won't let... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was trying to reset my fingerprint using windows hello on my laptop, but I need a PIN to do that. The problem is, is that I am unable to reset it, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WillSwiggart, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Windows Hello is requiring me to reset my pin by inputing my pin number, but it won't let...

I was trying to reset my fingerprint using windows hello on my laptop, but I need a PIN to do that. The problem is, is that I am unable to reset it, it gives me this message: This is strange, because I own this computer privately, not through my college which is Virginia Tech, if that matters. If I try to click on the link, it gives me this message: The problem with this one is that I don't have the PIN number, and if I try to click on "I forgot my PIN", it tells me to reset my PIN in settings where I currently am, restarting the circle from the beginning of the post. What am I supposed to d

:)

WillSwiggart, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 19, 2021
  3. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Windows Hello is requiring me to reset my pin by inputing my pin number, but it won't let...

how to reset pin number

Hi David, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

Here are the steps you can follow to reset your PIN:

- Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts > Sign-in options.

- Click the Change button under PIN.

- Enter your current PIN; then, enter and confirm the new PIN underneath.

- Tap I forgot my PIN.

- Enter your Microsoft account password; then, set up the new Pin.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello is requiring me to reset my pin by inputing my pin number, but it won't let...

1. Windows Hello is requiring me to reset my pin by inputing my pin number, but it won't let... - Similar Threads - Hello requiring reset

2. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  3. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  4. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Pin loop not letting me input my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin loop not letting me input my pin: Hello im windows 11 When i press pacbar to input my pin it takes me back to the screen i in i press spacebar again and it does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-loop-not-letting-me-input-my-pin/c96c325a-6a63-4350-a546-86bcb3a0015b
  6. Pin loop not letting me input my pin

Pin loop not letting me input my pin: Hello im windows 11 When i press pacbar to input my pin it takes me back to the screen i in i press spacebar again and it does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-loop-not-letting-me-input-my-pin/c96c325a-6a63-4350-a546-86bcb3a0015b
  7. Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it

Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it: My laptop must’ve updated or restarted because when I opened it after it being away a couple of hours I was prompted to enter my bitlocker key. I did and was eventually brought to the typical sign in screen. It told me to give my finger print. I did. Then it told me it...
  8. Windows Hello requires a PIN in order to reset my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello requires a PIN in order to reset my PIN: When I try to log into Microsoft, I get asked for my PIN which I as far as I know have never set up.When I then go to the Sign In Options page it tells me PIN isn't working for my organization and to click to reset it.After clicking to reset my PIN, Microsoft again asks me...
  9. Windows Hello requires a PIN in order to reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello requires a PIN in order to reset my PIN: When I try to log into Microsoft, I get asked for my PIN which I as far as I know have never set up.When I then go to the Sign In Options page it tells me PIN isn't working for my organization and to click to reset it.After clicking to reset my PIN, Microsoft again asks me...
  10. Windows Hello requires a PIN in order to reset my PIN