Windows 10: Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared

Discus and support Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After Windows 10 version 1803 update, 1.) fingerprint scanner has disappeared 2.) Windows Hello isn't available on this device (Acer Swift 3) 3.) In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Majeshaun, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Majeshaun Win User

Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared

After Windows 10 version 1803 update, 1.) fingerprint scanner has disappeared 2.) Windows Hello isn't available on this device (Acer Swift 3) 3.) In Device Manager, Egistec Touch fingerprint sensor and Intel Thermal Framework Manager shows Code 19 error (Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information <in the registry> is incomplete or damaged.) Both drivers are updated. I have to settle via other log in sources. Any solutions?

:)

Majeshaun, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Windows Hello Not Available

Hi,

Windows Hello allows you to login into your system by recognizing your fingerprint or your face or your iris rather than using a pin code or a password, provided that you have a webcam and a finger scanner that work.

If you’re having “Windows Hello isn’t available on this device.” in your Settings windows. We suggest to run through the settings of the sign-in options. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Update Your PC

First of all, make sure that you’ve installed any possible update that is available for Windows 10. See if you have needed patches installed:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time. Click Update & security.
    • Click the Check for updates button. Install available updates found.

When you finish, move on to the second step.

Step 2: Enable Biometric from Administration

If you don’t have the administrator permission, you’re not likely to use Windows Hello on your PC. To fix it:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    • Follow the path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components. On the right side of the pane, double-click Allow the use of biometrics.
    • Click Enabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the change.
    • Reboot your computer and then move on to the next step.

Step 3: Update Your Fingerprint Device Driver

If your fingerprint device driver is outdated or faulty, you’ll find the hardware impossible to use. You can update the device driver to fix it.

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time, and click Device Manager.
    • Click the icon for Scan for hardware changes on the top bar.
    • Expand Biometric devices. Right-click the fingerprint sensor device that you have and click Uninstall.
    • You can choose to reboot your computer for Windows to help you locate the driver that it could find for your device. Or, as an alternative, you can choose to update the driver by yourself.
      Simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this link
      to update your drivers.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Fingerprint worked, now it states windows hello not available on this device

Hi Donna,

You might be experiencing this issue due to a configuration error or the fingerprint scanner driver is not working correctly. If you see a
    Windows Hello isn’t available on this device message, we suggest that you
    run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

Additionally, we recommend that you update the device drivers on your computer particularly the fingerprint scanner driver. Driver updates
    are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update. Here's how:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to remove Windows Hello as a sign-in option in
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, restart your computer, and
    then set up Windows Hello again.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared - Similar Threads - Hello isn't available

2. Windows hello fingerprint not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello fingerprint not available: Hello good people,I have Elitebook 850 G5 I5 7th gen laptop with latest W10 update. This laptop has built in fingerprint scanner, but my device manager doesn't show any biometric driver. I uninstalled reinstalled windows several times, updated all the drivers, but no luck....
  3. Windows hello fingerprint not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello fingerprint not available: Hello good people,I have Elitebook 850 G5 I5 7th gen laptop with latest W10 update. This laptop has built in fingerprint scanner, but my device manager doesn't show any biometric driver. I uninstalled reinstalled windows several times, updated all the drivers, but no luck....
  4. Windows hello fingerprint not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Available

Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Available: Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-ds1xxx with my PC fully updated on software as of today of this post Windows 10, Version 1909. I've never had an issue with the fingerprint sensor on this laptop with no water spills or dirt on it. About a few days ago, I tried to...
  6. Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.

Windows Hello: Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device.: I have read many post of this issue and after all the posted solutions I can't seem to figure out the problem. Windows Hello worked for me before on the same PC. I've tried: updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling device, resetting PC, and some other things....
  7. Windows Hello isn't Available on this device

Windows Hello isn't Available on this device: I though I could work around "Windows Hello isn't Available on this device" by getting a Finger Print Scanner, at first I had to install the drivers because the Finger Print Scanner didn't come with them. Driver I installed for the Finger print scanner First one listed....
  8. Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM

Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM: Hello, I have Windows 10 1703 Enterprise edition, runs on VMware fusion. Seems like it doesn't support windows Hello for business - this sentence appears in settings>Account 'Hello isn't available on this device' In addition, I can't set up a Pin for domain users but for...
  9. Windows Hello isn't available on this device.

Windows Hello isn't available on this device.: Hi i have a lenovo V330-15IKB and i can t use windows hello and i have a fingerprint reader . i tried a lot of ways to fix this problem ..everything is enabled but in device meneger at biometric it says This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...
  10. windows hello isn't available in the device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows hello isn't available in the device: Hi All I have HP ELITEBOOK 8460 corei5 second generation laptop, And it have a biometric device in the lpatop, And I installed windows 10 pro but in settings, under the windows hello tab. it shows that WINDOWS HELLO ISN'T AVAILABLE IN THIS DEVICE That's why. And how I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why my phone display fingerprint not available

2. biometric sensor surface pro saya something went wrong on their side