Windows 10: Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM

Discus and support Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 1703 Enterprise edition, runs on VMware fusion. Seems like it doesn't support windows Hello for business - this sentence... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MoonIZ27, Dec 7, 2018.

1. MoonIZ27 Win User

Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM

Hello,

I have Windows 10 1703 Enterprise edition, runs on VMware fusion.

Seems like it doesn't support windows Hello for business - this sentence appears in settings>Account 'Hello isn't available on this device'

In addition, I can't set up a Pin for domain users but for local users only.

I tried every solution I found on the web, including enable Biometrics, enable use of windows hello etc. I went through probably every solution is on the web. The only thing I didn't do is to delete the NGC folder which I don't have access to.

I know that Windows Hello can work with pin only, and it works on Fusion.

Is it related to version or build? I can go and buy a new OS, but before doing so, I want to make sure it can work (if I know why it doesn't work, it will be helpful)

Thanks.

:)

MoonIZ27, Dec 7, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 7, 2018
  3. shumayal Win User
    Windows Hello is supposed to be compatible but says "Windows Hello isn't available on device"

Again,

FIX 1: My device is not listed on your list. It clearly seems to be outdated because Acer is definitely one of the manufacturers to have products that officially support Windows Hello. Even the Microsoft's website lists an Acer product as supporting
    Windows Hello, in addition to my link in the original post by the OEM themselves.

FIX 2: This doesn't work because I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop. (Acer VN7-592G) which as my original post links, is supposed to come with
    Hello.

shumayal, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM

windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

Hi Tom,

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if you are able to access Windows Hello.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the bio-metric finger print reader from Device Manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Right click on Bio-metric finger print reader, click on
      Properties
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

For more information refer:
    Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Hello feature for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM

1. Windows Hello isn't available on this device - Windows VM - Similar Threads - Hello isn't available

2. Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device: Hi, I'm trying to set up a face recognition via windows hello but unfortunately it says that the face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance. James ***Original title: HP Omen 17t***...
  3. windows hello isn't available in this device on my hp it was working properly

windows hello isn't available in this device on my hp it was working properly: I have a hp envy x360 8th with IR camera and the sign on camera featured worked until recently. My updates are up to date and when I check Sign in options I now see that Windows Hello isn't available on this device. What happened and how can I fix it. I can still sign on...
  4. windows hello isn't available in this devive

windows hello isn't available in this devive: it says windows hello isn't available in this device.. my computer is hp ProBook 640 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-isnt-available-in-this-devive/01f7fbb4-185d-46eb-90ea-b824bc1146e6
  5. Windows Hello isn't Available on this device

Windows Hello isn't Available on this device: I though I could work around "Windows Hello isn't Available on this device" by getting a Finger Print Scanner, at first I had to install the drivers because the Finger Print Scanner didn't come with them. Driver I installed for the Finger print scanner First one listed....
  6. Windows Hello isn't available on this device.

Windows Hello isn't available on this device.: Hi i have a lenovo V330-15IKB and i can t use windows hello and i have a fingerprint reader . i tried a lot of ways to fix this problem ..everything is enabled but in device meneger at biometric it says This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...
  7. Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello isn't available on this device problem; Fingerprint dissapeared: After Windows 10 version 1803 update, 1.) fingerprint scanner has disappeared 2.) Windows Hello isn't available on this device (Acer Swift 3) 3.) In Device Manager, Egistec Touch fingerprint sensor and Intel Thermal Framework Manager shows Code 19 error (Windows cannot start...
  8. “Widows Hello is not available on this device”

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    “Widows Hello is not available on this device”: Following recent windows anniversary major update, windows hello is no longer available. As a result, the finger print scanning stopped working and it is not showing as sign in option. I have been using Biometric (validity sensor) driver -windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Is there any...
  9. windows hello isn't available in the device

windows hello isn't available in the device: Hi All I have HP ELITEBOOK 8460 corei5 second generation laptop, And it have a biometric device in the lpatop, And I installed windows 10 pro but in settings, under the windows hello tab. it shows that WINDOWS HELLO ISN'T AVAILABLE IN THIS DEVICE That's why. And how I...
  10. Windows hello not is available on this device.

Windows hello not is available on this device.: Hello. I have a laptop Inspiron 5459, which in theory is compatible with the Windows application hello but there is no way to activate it. If someone knows a solution very grateful in advance. Best regards. 70805

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vm windows hello

2. windows hello in windows 10 vm

3. activate windows hello windows 10 in vm