Windows 10: Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4

Discus and support Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For the last several weeks I have been unable to log in with the facial recognition software. This worked for 2018 until the most recent Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShanepaulMiller, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4

For the last several weeks I have been unable to log in with the facial recognition software. This worked for 2018 until the most recent Windows Update was applied.

Feature Update 1809 Windows 10

Prior to removing this update can you tell me what other steps I can take. Currently the login screen states it does not have access to the camera yet the camera works fine for all other applications.

regards

-Shane

:)

ShanepaulMiller, Jan 18, 2019
  2. deltam Win User

Windows Hello - Alienware 17 R4

I bought an Alienware 17 R4 from the Microsoft store that has a Tobii EyeTracker with IR camera for Windows Hello. After talking to Dell and Tobii, it was said by both that Microsoft needs to correct the problem.

According to both Dell and Tobii, my software & drivers are up to date.

The IR camera on the Tobii device is always "on". However, when I go to setup Windows Hello, this camera goes off (which is strange). After Windows fails with "can not turn on camera" and the dialog goes away, the camera then
    comes on.

ERROR IN EVENT VIEWER:

Package Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.16299.15_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy+App was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

Hardware: Alienware 17 R4, CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, RAM: 16GB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.0] x64

Tobii Eye Tracking Core SW 2.11.0.6827

Eye tracker model IS4 Base DAW

Serial number CN0XCMKDDTOB16B90422A00

Firmware 2.20.2-e1a36f8

Tobii Controller Core Not available

Tobii USB Service Not available

Tobii Controller Driver 2.0.4

Tobii Service 1.22.0.7220

Tobii Engine 1.22.0.8423

Tobii Config 4.8.0.1100

Tobii Interaction 2.11.0.4822

Tobii Face Authentication for Windows Hello 1.0.21.207

Tobii Eye Tracker HID 1.1.532.0

HID-compliant device 1.1.532.0

Tobii Device 1.1.532.0

Tobii Intro 1.0.3.173

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.98

According to some research, others have this same issue after applying the fall update and just limited to the Alienware laptop. Is Microsoft working on this issue?

deltam, Jan 18, 2019
  3. deltam Win User
    Windows Hello - Alienware 17 R4

It's a problem with Microsoft or Tobii or both. HP products had the same problem after the FCU with their built in IR camera. However, HP released a driver for the IR camera and it's working now.

So either Tobii needs to do the same since the IR camera is on the Tobii device or MS needs to correct the "EyeChip" driver (non-Tobii driver) - found under USB Devices in Device Manager. But the Dell Alienware 17 R4 with the IR built into Tobii still has
    no fix. Tobii points to MS to fix and MS points to Tobii to fix. When I talked to Dell, they pointed to MS to fix or Tobii to fix. Amazing how many pointy fingers everyone has. If these large companies can't get their act together to keep things running when
    they break them, they shouldn't be in the business of selling the product in the first place or TEST the release before releasing it to the masses.

-Erik

deltam, Jan 18, 2019
  4. PIT77 Win User

Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4

Facial Recognition - Camera is not working on Alienware 17 R4

Hey! Same problem!

Not working on my Alienware 17 R4....

Some1 found a fix??

Microsoft help!

PIT77, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4

1. Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4 - Similar Threads - Hello issue Log

2. Windows 11 alienware m17 R4 blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 alienware m17 R4 blue screen loop: I’m a user who owns a Alienware m17 R4 laptop which has been experiencing the error 0xc000021a which gives me a blue error screen. I’ve searched up any videos too see if they could solve my problem but the stuff I tried didn’t work. The only places that it takes me to when I...
  3. Windows 11 alienware m17 R4 blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 alienware m17 R4 blue screen loop: I’m a user who owns a Alienware m17 R4 laptop which has been experiencing the error 0xc000021a which gives me a blue error screen. I’ve searched up any videos too see if they could solve my problem but the stuff I tried didn’t work. The only places that it takes me to when I...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4: Hi. Usually when i'm patching games, any of my ssd's and hdd. i have 3 ssd, 1 hdd one time on just only using discord. Two times when i playing games...This BSOD begins after 1809 to 20H2 update. media creation for OS, format via usb stick, clean and step by step driver...
  5. Alienware m17 r4 - critical error - boot failure on device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alienware m17 r4 - critical error - boot failure on device: Tried to install a second ssd on my gaming laptop, was told to configure new raid volume in bios, now I'm stuck in a "support assist performance check" loop with a critical error stating something about "boot failure on device". The only potential fixes I see when I google it...
  6. Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?: I purchased off ebay - It came quick and it was packaged just right and it had what they said it had. I pretend its 2017 and I am actually getting the fastest machine ever made. It was back then ! I may set this up with legacy boot and reinstall the OS - That is unless I can...
  7. Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903: I have an Alienware Aurora R4; with an Intel C600 Series Chipset SATA controller. I am using the latest BIOS and Drivers but get a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION multiple times per day. It is running on a Samsung 850 Pro SSD, also with the latest BIOS for that drive. I believe...
  8. Alienware M17x r4 laptop having problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alienware M17x r4 laptop having problems.: My laptop has been having problems such as the sound not working sometimes, the camera doesnt work and the battery only lasts 30 mins without the charger. I brought it into a repair shop and they quoted me £160 to fix it. They also told me that the sound was only coming out...
  9. Windows 10 Version Upgrade for Alienware 15 R4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version Upgrade for Alienware 15 R4: Hey guys. I would like to know when the Alienware laptop series would be able to upgrade the Windows 10 version (from 1803 to 1809). Any idea or answer would be helpful. Thanks....
  10. Google Chrome is slowing down my Alienware R4 Laptop.

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is slowing down my Alienware R4 Laptop.: My problem is that Google Chrome is really slowing down my Alienware Laptop. When I open Google Chrome, My PC starts to slow down and have input lag. 94250

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tobii Face Authentication for Windows Hello driver