Windows 10: Windows Hello Issues. - Can´t get Pin Or Recover ou disable it. Tried everithing i know.

Discus and support Windows Hello Issues. - Can´t get Pin Or Recover ou disable it. Tried everithing i know. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good evening, Can´t figure out what my son did to the computer that i can´t log with my Microsoft account but Only with Administrator. By log in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RosaEsteves1, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Windows Hello Issues. - Can´t get Pin Or Recover ou disable it. Tried everithing i know.

Good evening,

Can´t figure out what my son did to the computer that i can´t log with my Microsoft account but Only with Administrator.

By log in with the Administrator acount i dont have my usual desktop with my files.

In the beggining it ask for a Microsoft PIN but when i do the procedure to recover it it wont work. Always receiving a message that "its not possible for now... try again later.. "

Now i get to the point where it says to creat a PIN. I do the procedure but then again it fails in the end with the same message

"its not possible for now... try again later.. "

In my Microsot account i had my phone number and my email so i believe that the acount is well configure.

One time after several atempts and changes I also received a PIN in my email but than again when i insert it it wont work either.

Cant figure out what is going on..

Really i would love to delete this and get into the pc normally..

If you see in these boards in the "ROSA" account i dont´even have any option to make any change on this matter..

I aprecciate all help you could give me.

Many thanks

Windows Hello Issues. - Can´t get Pin Or Recover ou disable it. Tried everithing i know. 5507a4ea-597d-40a5-95fc-47da01a73448?upload=true.jpg

:)

RosaEsteves1, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Windows Hello Issues. - Can´t get Pin Or Recover ou disable it. Tried everithing i know.

Issues with Windows Hello PIN

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows Hello PIN on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the below steps to delete NGC folder and see if you are able to setup PIN.

1. Press Windows + E to open
      File Explorer
    2. On the left hand pane click on This PC.
    3. Now navigate to the location C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft.
    4. Right click on the NGC folder and click on
      Delete.
    5. Click on Yes.

In case you are receiving permission error then try running the command and see if you are able to delete it.

1. Press Windows +
      S
      key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

icacls C:WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNgc /T /Q /C /RESET
    5. Close the CMD window
    6. Try to delete the NGC folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello Issues. - Can´t get Pin Or Recover ou disable it. Tried everithing i know.

1. Windows Hello Issues. - Can´t get Pin Or Recover ou disable it. Tried everithing i know. - Similar Threads - Hello Issues Can´t

2. I can´t recover my Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can´t recover my Bitlocker: My computer Dell did an update and at the restart, I couldn't log-in anymore. I tried many times but nothing worked and now, the computer asks for the Bitlocker key, which I don´t have and checking my windows account, my computer is not even shown. I don´t know what to do...
  3. I can´t recover my Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can´t recover my Bitlocker: My computer Dell did an update and at the restart, I couldn't log-in anymore. I tried many times but nothing worked and now, the computer asks for the Bitlocker key, which I don´t have and checking my windows account, my computer is not even shown. I don´t know what to do...
  4. I can´t recover my Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can´t see the wireless disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can´t see the wireless disable: Hi, I was working with a BAM and delete this device and after this I can´t see all list or not display all list the wireless disable. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-the-wireless-disable/9236f603-b101-47e2-9daf-1e41d4900980
  6. Issue with Windows Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue with Windows Hello Pin: I try to log in but all i get is a screen saver that says “ something happened and your pin isnt available” click to set up your pin. Set up my pin. Sadly all i get is the same maeeage. .? Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Unknown/other Windows 10 Microsoft 365 Family...
  7. Can t uninstall Windows Hello Face

Can t uninstall Windows Hello Face: When i go in win key + i then in apps then in optionall fetures i click on Windows Hello Face then Uninstall but it never uninstalls it when i go back in optional fetures it i still there and i never even use the damn Hello Face. Is there any way i can t delete the files of...
  8. Can t disable tuchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can t disable tuchpad: I just uninstalled the tuchpad driver softvere becaus i don t need it and it slows down my computor so i restarted and then i wanted to disable my tuchpad becaus i use a mouse tried but i cudn t get to the tuchpad thing to disable it so now i need help becaus i want to...
  9. Issues with Windows Hello PIN

Issues with Windows Hello PIN: Hello everyone : This morning I booted up my Windows 10 HP Omen. I have a short and sweet pin that I normally use as my password. At sign in the laptop prompted me that I needed to update my pin. I did not see a way to bypass this, so I figured I'd update my pin, log in,...
  10. Window's Hello pin issues

Window's Hello pin issues: When I try to setup a Window's Hello pin, I follow trough Sign In Options, Go to windows hello pin, It says " sorry - this pin isn't working for your organisations resources. tap or click here to fix it, I click on that and follow through, A window pops up saying Set Up Pin,...