Windows 10: Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load

Discus and support Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The "Just a moment" screen loads for a long time about 10 minutes after the sign-in page on startup. This screen comes about 5-10 seconds after I enter... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nikhil Korra, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load

The "Just a moment" screen loads for a long time about 10 minutes after the sign-in page on startup. This screen comes about 5-10 seconds after I enter the PIN/Password. Sometimes, the desktop appears immediately after sign-in but then disappears and a few moments of black-screen 5-10 secs later, the same "Just a moment" screen is displayed for 8-10 minutes before the desktop appears again. So it takes more than 10 minutes for the whole startup process.

I had this problem after an update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4557957.

Assuming it to be a problem with Windows Hello, I had tried removing the PIN sign-in option from the settings, but no luck.

I had also tried setting the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions" to 0, but had the same result.

Another update didn't work either Cumulative Update for Windows 10 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4565503.

Also, the "Just a moment" screen loads in a 800 x 600 box with "ease-of-access", "display keyboard" and "sound" buttons. So is it really related to Windows Hello?

Would love to get this screen removed as it takes too much time and CPU and achieves nothing The processor fans are running like crazy for the whole 10 minutes.

OS-Windows 10

Laptop Model- HP Pavilion 15-au117tx for specs, https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c05239945

:)

Nikhil Korra, Jul 15, 2020

2. New laptop installed with Windows 10, stuck on "Just a Moment" screen for hours

Hello Lauren,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Basically, "Just a Moment" screen indicates that the system is preparing Windows 10 and desktop for first use. Sometimes, depends on the desktop icons and files that are placed on the desktop screen, this loading screen will take time. Suggest you to be
    patience on the same for some more time to see if everything goes correctly.

Let us know the outcome to guide your further.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Windows 7 takes 2 minutes to boot on 128GB Samsung EVO SSD. HELP?!

Hello people..

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

I just did a fresh windows 7 install on my new 128GB Samsung EVO SSD and it takes two minutes to boot to desktop *Frown Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load :( Just when you think its going to load about a minute in the screen goes black and the mouse cursor comes up but you cant move the mouse cursor and then theres another minute wait or so before finely loading desktop and my background etc?!

Thanks

mrmotivator, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load

Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop

Hi,

I run Windows10 Pro version 1909 x64 on my PC and installed the cumulative updates yesterday.

Now it takes alteast 10 minutes for Windows to load the Desktop after a start/re-start.

It takes forever with the coloured "Please wait" screen ( about 8 minutes) to load the User list & sign-in screen.

Then it takes another 2 minutes to load all the icons & taskbar pinned items on the Desktop screen (After sign-in to the Administrator User-id.)

The loading slowed a bit after updating to KB 4532693 (about 3 minutes) and got worse ( 10 minutes) after updating to KB 4535996.

The UEFI BIOS handover time is listed as just 3.1 seconds in Task Manager under Startup, so this is not a BIOS boot time problem.

Should I look for some specific underlying cause or uninstall the Cumulative updates ?

Other updates that got installed along with the Cumulative updates, were KB 4537759 / KB4537572

My PC Specs are listed below:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.5, 10-Aug-18

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer INTEL Corporation

BaseBoard Product H61

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Off

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.89 GB

Available Physical Memory 3.06 GB

Total Virtual Memory 9.14 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.85 GB

Page File Space 1.25 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected,
    TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

============================================================
    Can someone help as this is very frustrating to wait for 10 minutes or more to load the Desktop and commence working.

The Explorer Guy, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load

1. Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load - Similar Threads - Hello moment screen

2. PC stuck on just a moment loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck on just a moment loading screen: My PC was having an issue with black screen after login so I tried to Uninstall the update. but it didn't work and said to restart my PC, so I did with a local windows reinstall and it was stuck on a black screen and just looping so, I turned my power off and now when I boot...
  3. PC stuck on just a moment loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck on just a moment loading screen: My PC was having an issue with black screen after login so I tried to Uninstall the update. but it didn't work and said to restart my PC, so I did with a local windows reinstall and it was stuck on a black screen and just looping so, I turned my power off and now when I boot...
  4. PC stuck on just a moment loading screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Just a moment.." is taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Just a moment.." is taking forever: Help me,I been waiting for hours and yet it's not finished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-moment-is-taking-forever/29da4743-af33-4cb7-8eab-bc8241284738
  6. "Just a moment.." is taking forever

"Just a moment.." is taking forever: Help me,I been waiting for hours and yet it's not finished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-moment-is-taking-forever/29da4743-af33-4cb7-8eab-bc8241284738
  7. Just a moment screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a moment screen.: Today I started my laptop,after entering password, JUST A MOMENT screen appeared which was gone after 5-6 seconds automatically and loaded to the desktop. It appeared 2 times today. So is it normal?...
  8. Just a moment screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just a moment screen.: Today I started my laptop,after entering password, JUST A MOMENT screen appeared which was gone after 5-6 seconds automatically and loaded to the desktop. It appeared 2 times today. So is it normal?...
  9. Just a moment screen.

10. Just a moment takes forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just a moment takes forever: Come on, Windows It's been three days for me trying to repair, and re-install windows 10, so many issues I have to face... It's 2020! You still drag users to deal with such an issue with installation..?! I'm doing a new installation on my pc, done everything suggested on...