Windows 10: Windows Hello keeps bothering me

Discus and support Windows Hello keeps bothering me in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've a new PC with Windows 10 since mid March; it's setup with a local account to log in, not a Microsoft account, and it accepts Hello signing with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cyber_guy, Apr 1, 2019.

1. cyber_guy Win User

Windows Hello keeps bothering me

I've a new PC with Windows 10 since mid March; it's setup with a local account to log in, not a Microsoft account, and it accepts Hello signing with this local account. So far so good. I don't want to sign with my Microsoft account as I don't need synchronization. Anyhow, I don't want to change.

I have 3 outlook email accounts for different activities I'm involved with and I've configured them on Mail. Everything went fine for few days, but then Mail started to tell me that I didn't finish to configure 2 of my email addresses and wanted me to configure them with Hello. I don't understand why and I don't want to put those email accounts on Hello. That would give access to the computer with the email address and password and I can't allow that. The 3 email addresses are association emails that I'm sharing with other people of the association.

I have Office 2019, and at one point of time, Excel Word and PowerPoint were, I don't know how, signed each with one of the 3 emails. I definitely didn't sign in any of it and the signing was changing, I'd guess in link with the last email I had access to.

Then working with Office became a mess because Windows didn't allow me to sign out, asking me to finish the setting of the emails. Working with Office apps signed with an email address I didn't control, it was really a mess to come back to a document that was created with another account. I know that's the purpose of the signing, but in this context, I definitely don't need or want it.

After multiple reboots I was finally able to sign out. Now, based on my experience with multiple accounts and Office, I don't want to try to configure Hello with different email accounts.

I removed the 2 emails that were causing problem and put them on Thunderbird.

Now the 3rd email account is asking for more configurations after 15 days without any problem.

Before I remove it too, I'd like to understand:

Is it possible to have a local account configured with Hello and to have outlook email accounts at the same time in Mail without going into the problems I'm talking here above, or is it a bug?

If it's possible, what can I do to fix it and be sure I won't never again be bothered by finishing the configuration with Hello?

Thanks

:)

cyber_guy, Apr 1, 2019

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 1, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Windows Hello keeps bothering me

windows hello

Hello,

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Windows 10 devices with just a look or touch.

You can change the Windows Hello settings by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, you can change and choose the way you want to sign-in.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello keeps bothering me

1. Windows Hello keeps bothering me - Similar Threads - Hello keeps bothering

2. Why Bother!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Bother!: What is the sense of giving us the option to disable something, if you’re still going to run it anyways? Why are you hiding user folders in different areas? Why are you not letting us see the location of some files? Why are we not allowed to delete and turn off our own files...
  3. User folder name bothers me

in Windows 10 Customization
    User folder name bothers me: Hello Community,I reinstalled Windows 10 and was unhappy with the name of my user folder. Why wasn't I asked about the name? And how can I change it permanently so that I don't have the same problem for the next restinallation?Thanks in advanceFerry...
  4. Xbox app keep bothering me with useless "news"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app keep bothering me with useless "news": How do I stop this, this is the xbox app on Windows 11, I did cleared the checkboxes at app settings however it keep sending the trash like "xbox official notices" and "game leaving" and "you got a ultimate membership" I do NOT want to enter my credit card into even if its...
  5. Xbox app keep bothering me with useless "news"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app keep bothering me with useless "news": How do I stop this, this is the xbox app on Windows 11, I did cleared the checkboxes at app settings however it keep sending the trash like "xbox official notices" and "game leaving" and "you got a ultimate membership" I do NOT want to enter my credit card into even if its...
  6. the virus is bothering me VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D ,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the virus is bothering me VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D ,: the virus is bothering me VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D ,I've tried many times but it always doesn't work, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/the-virus-is-bothering-me-virtoolwin32excludeprocd/84c501e8-759a-475e-84e1-d0d33b9d995a
  7. Why Bother?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Bother?: Honestly, people.... why do we bother to beat our heads against this bloated obscenity of an OS that thinks that our PC's are there to serve IT, instead of IT being there to serve US? Do you spend anywhere near this much time in the guts of your car trying to figure out why...
  8. A real bother . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    A real bother . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, on my Dell, Vostro 3583, laptop. Very often, I get a message on my screen, telling me to call this number, because, I'm infected, call 888 474-1214. "Your computer is locked" Do, not attemp anything until you call . . . So, I call . . . When,...
  9. Black window over start.Doesn't let me to click anywhere, keeps bothering me for some time...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black window over start.Doesn't let me to click anywhere, keeps bothering me for some time...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VlasisPrekas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4a6tk/black_window_over_startdoesnt_let_me_to_click/
  10. Windows update Bothering me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Bothering me: I want to know what happens when I have a program open that is bizy with something and I am not heir and windows want's to update dose it just restart and don't care abote my progress on the program and the program can go on for a month or 3 month. also ones played a game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. After Norton upgrade windows hello is preventing some options from