Windows 10: Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled)

Discus and support Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition (full OS version, software stack, and config details at link) with a Logitech BRIO 4K and Kensington Verimark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jdrch, Apr 6, 2021.

1. /u/jdrch Win User

Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled)

I have a Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition (full OS version, software stack, and config details at link) with a Logitech BRIO 4K and Kensington Verimark fingerprint reader I have set up with Windows Hello.

The PC will sometimes randomly lock itself while I'm using it. It seems to happen in the same session after I manually lock the PC when a video is playing. The problem starts upon unlocking the PC thereafter. I have automatic locking when I step away disabled, so I know it's not due to the PC thinking I'm not there.

One Microsoft Answers thread suggested setting USB selective suspend setting to Disabled in Power Options, but that hasn't had any effect.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/jdrch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jdrch, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Eranthis Win User

Can't Disable Lock Screen

I don't see how any of that would matter. Disabling that feature via Local Security Policy only adds an extra step to the lock screen. On or off, ctrl + w still locks me out.

Eranthis, Apr 6, 2021
  3. how to disable automatic lock ?

hello, does anyone know how to disable the automatic lock in windows 10? its like support annoying having it constantly lock every 5mins , its not like im not using it , im just watching tv or playing on a hand held device

YuniorFernandez, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello superduper, and welcome to Ten Forums. Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled) :)

Yep, step 9 in your post is correct. This won't disable the lock screen at startup though.

If you have Windows Spotlight selected for your lock screen, you could switch to a picture instead to stop that bit of advertising.

In addition, you might like this below as well.

Disable Advertising in Windows 10 - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Brink, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled) - Similar Threads - Hello locks while

2. Windows10 automatically locks the screen while in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 automatically locks the screen while in use: I don't know why my computer automatically enters the lock screen when I use it. Please help me to have a look. The log is as follows- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  3. Windows10 automatically locks the screen while in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 automatically locks the screen while in use: I don't know why my computer automatically enters the lock screen when I use it. Please help me to have a look. The log is as follows- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  4. Windows10 automatically locks the screen while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use: I have a fully patched and updated Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition full specs and config info at link with Logitech BRIO 4K webcam connected. I use the webcam for Windows Hello Face login. I'm frequently having an issue in which the PC will suddenly lock itself during use....
  6. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  7. PC locks while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC locks while gaming: Hello everyone! Some time ago I had some problems with rams( BSOD- Critical Process died, System_service_exception, Memory_managent ), but we managed to solve them and everything was good until this week. I started to have random freezes while gaming, I still can use my...
  8. PC locks while gaming

PC locks while gaming: Hello everyone! Some time ago I had some problems with rams( BSOD- Critical Process died, System_service_exception, Memory_managent ), but we managed to solve them and everything was good until this week. I started to have random freezes while gaming, I still can use my...
  9. Locks me out while in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locks me out while in use: Yesterday I got locked out for the first time while in use and it has been happening quite a few times since. Ive ran a power troubleshoot and found nothing wrong and I have my display adapters fully upgraded which were the 2 methods recommended to me but it still seems to be...
  10. computer locks while i'm using it

computer locks while i'm using it: While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!...